Carson City services on Washoe EDACS

firephoto29

WRVL541
Recently while scanning ID's on Washoe County EDACS I saw that TG 241 and TG 242 are both utilized by Carson City. 241 is CCSO and 242 is CCFD Dispatch.

KG7PBS

Their primary site is McClellan Peak on the Nevada EDACS side. You will hear them on Slide MT when a radio comes in range in affiliates with that site. And yea you can hear them on peavine if someone in Reno is listening to that Talkgroup

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I'm way out north of Reno, perhaps I can receive Slide from my location.

firephoto29

WRVL541
Maybe Slide MT has a really good footprint it hits places you wouldn’t think you could hear it.
The only place where I pick up no RSSI for Slide Mtn. is in Downtown Reno and anywhere west such as Verdi. Although in Carson City I am lucky to have any RSSI on Slide Mtn.

KG7PBS

I have had good RSSI in DT Reno on MT Slide. They could have adjusted the antennas angles since I've been there.

W1ECO

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any luck in finding Carson City Fire's new "FD Command" channel? They seem to use this new channel when going on working incidents (i.e. Gas leak, stucture fire, vegetation fire) and I cannot find it anywhere. I usually scan the VHF TAC channels as well but can't pick them up on those either.

KG7PBS

Has there been any luck in finding Carson City Fire's new "FD Command" channel? They seem to use this new channel when going on working incidents (i.e. Gas leak, stucture fire, vegetation fire) and I cannot find it anywhere. I usually scan the VHF TAC channels as well but can't pick them up on those either.
It's probably on the EDACS side now that they all have XL200p with VHF-7/800

cinsu

I'm not in the area at the moment but I would make note of the frequencies in WRAV654. They don't seem to match anything else in the database and they include emission designators for P25 conventional voice as has been eluded to.