Caruthersville Fire Dept. Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc402002

Hi Group, I live in Newbern, TN. I receive a strong signal from the Caruthersville Fire Dept. digital system, but still can't fully decode the signal. The readout shows P25 with a 291 NAC. Can anyone explain why I can't get this signal to decode??? Also, is this really the fire dept. or is it the PD using this as a Tac channel???

Thanks in advance.................

kpoe_28

Hi Group, I live in Newbern, TN. I receive a strong signal from the Caruthersville Fire Dept. digital system, but still can't fully decode the signal. The readout shows P25 with a 291 NAC. Can anyone explain why I can't get this signal to decode??? Also, is this really the fire dept. or is it the PD using this as a Tac channel???

Thanks in advance.................

It is PD using as a Tac channel, They use 155.895 90% of the time, when on this channel you'll hear one tell the other to go digital or switch over.... they switch to 154.860 digital. As for decoding the NAC, last I heard it was 291 maybe it's been changed?

jleverin

Don't know exactly where you are but Caruthersville is in Mo across the river, in fact on the river. I know because I had an aunt who lived there and I went there many times as a kid. Guess they flooded really bad just a few years back. Depending on where you are in TN you may not be that far away from them. I know here in CO I pick up CO Springs which is 38 miles away from where I live in Pueblo. So it's possible you are picking them up,

kpoe_28

Don't know exactly where you are but Caruthersville is in Mo across the river, in fact on the river. I know because I had an aunt who lived there and I went there many times as a kid. Guess they flooded really bad just a few years back. Depending on where you are in TN you may not be that far away from them. I know here in CO I pick up CO Springs which is 38 miles away from where I live in Pueblo. So it's possible you are picking them up,
I live 18 miles west of C'ville in kennett, my father-in-law was police chief there for 11 years.

kc402002

Newbern, TN is about 20 miles from Caruthersville, I am using a Scantenna about 30 ft. high. So, why can't I receive this signal well???

SpecialAgent

me 2

Newbern, TN is about 20 miles from Caruthersville, I am using a Scantenna about 30 ft. high. So, why can't I receive this signal well???

im having the same problem. i had the NAC set to 291 and i would copy them, seemed like as soon as they keyed up. It sounded scrambed/digital and then i lost it. I thought maybe i had the wrong nac code so i opened it to search and now when it hits on their freq it flashes NAC 291 but still have the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.