Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to Cary NC trunked and figured out some of the TGs in use :

1616 Trash removal
1648 Public Works sewers
528 utilities
560 EMS

sounds like PD is 48 but on Viper that's State Fair maint, think PD Tac is 144 & 176

Not sure about 1313, 1360, 3760, 1808, 1872, 80

Anyone have info on these or others?

jhc1322

Premium Subscriber
Welp, there goes most of the Cary scanning traffic. I'm actually a supporter of widespread routine encryption for emergency services radio traffic, but its also a huge disappointment from a scanning point of view. Then again, Cary PD traffic is more or less just 20 traffic stops and plate checks per day. Although occasionally you can hear them tailing someone on their investigation channels. Either way, progress is good.

10-95

Encryption is a very good idea for Cary, considering what I have heard their officers discussing on the air in the past, like the guy letting his buddy know he was working "the speed trap", as he referred to it as, or the two officers I heard discussing making a suspect snap and attempt to assualt them because they really had nothing else to bring him on. I guess their Chief must not monitor their system or she would hear some of this crap. CPD is a very backwards redneck style police orginazation, they still have a three cop town mentality..

10-95

If they encrypt with anything other than AES-256 or OFB then they will have listeners. I would doubt they would use DES or DES-XL, one would hope. :) They may encrypt, but I see ACLU problems arising from it. After all, the public has a right to know what they are doing, right?

10-95

What would be really nice , is if the brainiacs went with an OTAR system and did regualr OTAR re-keying!!:)

jmbaltz

Looks like Cary PD went encrypted this week

HomePatrol went dark this week, no more Cary PD traffic. I will miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.