Casa Grande New 800 MHz license

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I noticed a new 800 MHz license for Pinal County in Casa Grande, located in the center of the city. This is a separate transmitter from the existing transmitter site for the Pinal County P25 system that is located on Casa Grande Mountain to the southeast of town.

I wonder if Casa Grade PD/Fire is potentially joining the county system?

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber

From the looks of things, CAG is looking to transition to the county's P25 system, and other documents seem to point towards an approved vote. Also looks like they will be keeping the VHF analog system, just upgrading some equipment. Pinal County doesn't allow non-public safety on their system (IIRC), so that leaves public works for CAG out of it - and makes sense with some of the other stuff I've been reading. PD/FD will migrate to the county system, and still run fireground off the VHF, then move public works to the VHF system as well. It's kinda messy trying to find all the documents to get a clear picture. Maybe I've got this all wrong?

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Most public safety pushing public works.. non certified LE, EMS or Fire to their own network.

Public works will use a DMR system. Most of AZ Indian Reservations are doing that once they transition to trunking.

Public works can't be trusted to do the right thing with department radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.