Case/Strap for Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

So, I am thinking about getting a case for my Pro-106 - it is my baby so I thought I should keep it safe lol. I saw some good ones on ScannerMaster - any reccomendations? Also, I am looking for a strap to attach to the scanner while in the case so I can wear it around my neck/chest. Is there anything like that on the market?

Thanks! :)

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Not too flashy for me! But I don’t want the antenna hitting me in the face – LOL!! Guess I’d have to use a stubby!

I think I’ll stick with the soft nylon case I got from Scanner Master last year. It fits very well, looks nice, and sits upright with the radio in it.

At first the case leaned forward a bit, so I placed a little piece of folded paper toward the inside front. I also squished the case around to kind of help reshape it a little. That did the trick and it sits perfectly upright with no problems.

The only other issue I had was at first it was very hard to get the radio out of the case. I found that if you press upward with your fingers at the bottom center just enough so you can grab the radio by the sides, it slides out easily.

Hope this helps, and happy shopping!

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Some of the ham radio vendors actually make a "vest" that has a pocket for the scanner/HT. I don't have time to look right now but if that interests you PM me and I will look later today and send you a link or two.
Doc

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
I would be interested, thank you. I will PM you. I was thinking about just getting an EMT or some type of reflective vest anyway, so maybe I could use this to put my scanner in one of the pockets...good or bad idea?

ScannerSky

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much! I think what I am going to do is get a case from ScannerMaster - probably the leather one - just to be safe. I usually keep it in my house but if I ever take it out or the dog knocks it over, I'd prefer to have some sort of protection on it.

Does anyone have one of the cases from ScannerMaster for their Pro-106? If so, how is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.