Casella Waste Management freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
im looking for frequencies for Casella trucks for the Potsdam hub. my friend works for them and im curious to listen, i know theyre motorola i think, i was able to look at one for a minute, and it displayed Boonville with ID numbers above it when people keyed up. was wondering if its a trunked system, or what? any info out there, i tried in the database and came up with nothing.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
they also have a branch in lowville with a base, i dont know if any dispatching happens tho

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Im not from NY, But I know over here in Ohio where I live, A lot of the W-M operations were done on LTR trunked sites. In fact they were a subscriber to the company I work for a few years back. They just leased air time from us with the purchase of the radios. So if you said they use Motorola radios, and you could see and ID number when someone keys up, Chances are they are using a Motorola LTR trunked system in the UHF range. I would check into programming some of the local LTR leasing company frequencies into your scanner and scan for active ID's. Make sure though that if you do this, that you program all the frequencies into Logical Channel Order. Check the WIKI if you are not certain what LCO is. Good luck out there.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
If they are trunked its kinda stupid, this is a rural country, mostly farmland, and theres no companies around here that do trunking. besides JPJ in utica, but they arnt the servicer i dont think. i scanned trru some of the talk groups on the radio and i saw there was a baldwinsville, boonville, lowville...wich makes me think its possiably a state wide system

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
I would think then that the best route to go would be to get a frequency counter, have your friend key up his radio and gate the frequency. Then you can go on the FCC or here on RR and search that frequency within your specific area. That may help you figure out what they are using. Obviously of course, You can tell what band they are using by looking at the antenna. If It's a small 6'' 1/4 wave antenna it's UHF. If it's a longer antenna than it's VHF. But I still think that a frequency counter would be the best way to go, unless he can have one of the techs read the frequencies in the radio, provided they have the right equipment.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would think then that the best route to go would be to get a frequency counter, have your friend key up his radio and gate the frequency. Then you can go on the FCC or here on RR and search that frequency within your specific area. That may help you figure out what they are using. But I still think that a frequency counter would be the best way to go, unless he can have one of the techs read the frequencies in the radio, provided they have the right equipment.

A scanner with Close Call/Signal Stalker would be more readily available to the average person than a frequency counter.

Obviously of course, You can tell what band they are using by looking at the antenna. If It's a small 6'' 1/4 wave antenna it's UHF. If it's a longer antenna than it's VHF.

Antennas come in all shapes and sizes even within the same band. There are 3.5" VHF antennas, 6.5" UHF antennas and 8" 800 antennas. There's nothing obvious about it at all.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
i was able to take a look at the radio again, but breifly, i was wrong af first, they are NOT motorola, but infack Kenwood's similar to the tk-780, still not able to find their frequencies, ive tried contacting Mobiletech to confirm they are the provider for casella, but unsucessful for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.