Casper

Status
Not open for further replies.

whwandell

Spent about three day sup in Casper in June and tried to find something besides medical stuff without any luck.

Was using a PRO2096 and searched all the emergency service bands without any luck. The one Motorola trunked network that was listed as PD/EMT worked but only had EMT on it. Casper's not as big as I thought it was, but was surprised that I couldn't locate any PD freqs anywhere.

Anybody have any ideas? Must have been something I was missing somewhere ..

Thanks!

Sac916

whwandell said:
Spent about three day sup in Casper in June and tried to find something besides medical stuff without any luck.

Was using a PRO2096 and searched all the emergency service bands without any luck. The one Motorola trunked network that was listed as PD/EMT worked but only had EMT on it. Casper's not as big as I thought it was, but was surprised that I couldn't locate any PD freqs anywhere.

Thanks!

http://www.cityfreq.com/wy/casper/

http://www.cityfreq.com/wy/

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
Casper LE

The reason is that Casper PD is on the city trunk system and the PD runs ecryption on everything. You can hear the Sheriff on 155.97, the Highway Patrol on 155.445, the Game and Fish on 155.64. Did you happen to log any business freqs?

whwandell said:

Thanks!

whwandell

Thanks for the reply.

kd7gxu said:
The reason is that Casper PD is on the city trunk system and the PD runs ecryption on everything. You can hear the Sheriff on 155.97, the Highway Patrol on 155.445, the Game and Fish on 155.64. Did you happen to log any business freqs?

Appreciate the info. Figured something was different. Seems odd to me that they'd be encrypting - must have been a good salesman. Any idea as to why they went that route?

Didn't really pay too much attention to other stuff, but will be more alert next time now that I know what's going on.

SCPD

QRT
It makes sense. Casper Wyoming is a known hang out for very sophisticated criminals and terrorists. They have to encrypt because otherwise the criminals and terrorists will hear them when they are responding to bar fights and things like that and that could lead to something really bad.

Also, they have a really forward thinking community policing program. When you go to the police station to talk to them, they have the front door locked and they all stand there and laugh at you.

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
encryption

Encryption is great for keeping those barking dog calls secret!

mikeh

i am also visit Casper is fire in the clear

i am also visiting Casper some time next week
is Casper Fire in the clear on the tlak groups

kd7gxu

Premium Subscriber
fire

Yep, you can listen to the fire and EMS no problem. If you find some more good stuff make sure to post it in the database.

mikeh said:
i am also visiting Casper some time next week
is Casper Fire in the clear on the tlak groups

Sac916

bomber2782 said:
So what do i need to decrypt?

Wish, pray, whine, complain, kick some dirt and brush around.

So the options are, buy thousands of dollars of equipment and attempt to hack software and hardware. Become a dispatcher, peace officer or fire fighter and use the actual equipment. Stand next to a public servant as they operate the radio system in the field. I call this near-field monitoring and decryption. Better sound by cupping your hand against your ear.

To unencrypt is illegal per federal law. If you're a criminal, you could steal a radio, and enjoy some monitoring for a very short time until they " kill " the radio and turn it into an expensive brick of metal and plastic.

Those are your options.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
kd7gxu said:
Encryption is great for keeping those barking dog calls secret!

Also, its great for placing food orders. You never want the public to know what you like for topings on a pizza these days, or what kind of donuts the traffic officers like the most. God knows the mention of certain food items, may cause the locals with scanners to speed down to the local 7-11 during halftime of an NFL game, causing the department to write tickets. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.