Cass County Fire Dept Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

twister19

I give up. One of these days Cass is going to burn in hell. Oh wait, they already are. Internaly they are ripping each other out in political bs.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
twister19 said:
Internaly they are ripping each other out in political bs.

Yup, some of the best politics aren't in DC, try your local (insert agency here). It's not just to the fire service.

phyrngn

Plattsmouth

Is it true what I heard about Plattsmouth Rescue hiring paid day-time EMT's? Sounds like they're pretty busy.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Pretty busy to who? No they're not hiring paid day-time EMTs.

However if you live within their district you can always sign up to help out the department, to learn more visit their website, http://pvfrd.org/joinus.php

phyrngn

Plattsmouth

I had heard that they only had three guys running Rescue Calls during the daytime and were burning the fellas out...if it's not true, sorry 'bout that....their website only shows fire responses (with Rescue Squad Assists), so I wouldn't know about EMS responses. If they're running two calls in the daytime, they are busy by my standards for an all-volunteer department in this day and age. Not a lot of employers are still willing to let their folks go during the day...which is too bad.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Bellevue makes more than two rescue calls per day and are all volunteer and the third largest city in the state, so this is why I ask to who's standards is Plattsmouth busy? Unless the ALS squad is constantly out of service on a run and this starts to strike fear into the citizens that they may not get a good response then there should be no need to hire personnel. If anything they should continue on with their current recruitement of new canidates. One must also keep in mind that it is volunteer, and vollies will get burned out. They should learn to take a break and take time off and work with each other to accomplish their goals without the risk of losing personnel.

In September the 7th - 10th, The Kass Kounty King Korn Karnival will be held in Plattsmouth, and I have attended several times in the past, and it's a good time to also check out the fire station there in Plattsmouth. The AC has always been very friendly and willing to show off their trucks and answer any questions. I was quite impressed at how well the station was run and how clean it was. They take a lot of pride in their equipment, staff and each other. This year should be the same way as they usually have medics on golf carts, etc and ALS standby, so you should stop by the station and talk to the people.

SDOG

Plattsmouth Fire

NEfire242.. Thanks for the compliments on Plattsmouth Fire. Yes we do take pride in our station and equipment. We understand that the public pays for our equipment through tax dollars. In turn, we feel we have a responsibility to the public to take care of what we have. We have been very fortunate to have pickle $$ coming in from Plattsmouth Keno. With our that $$ we would not be where we are today.
Thanks again!!

phyrngn

Plattsmouth

I might just have to make it to the King Korn Karnival...from what I'm told, they do have some nice stuff. It would be nice to get to talk to some of the guys...

It's also good to hear that the stories I've heard about members being burned out isn't true...hopefully they can keep it up!

Stay safe....

Status
Not open for further replies.