Cass County Fire Dept Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nle-watcher

Who is all on the Cass County Fire 154.385? I just started listening to it and heard quite a bit of towns.

NLE-Watcher

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Cedar Creek, Louisville, Murdock, Manley, Elmwood, and Nehawka use the CCFire highband.

Plattsmouth is on their own freq, 159.2550

Union is on 453.4000.

Weeping Water is on 453.3250 (if you live in Doulgas county and don't program the PL into your scanner of 103.5 you will hear Douglas county fire -- same freq.)

Murray / Beaver Lake district is on 39.9.(Lake Waconda area too).

Eagle, Greenwood and Alvo are dispatched through Lancaster County.

Even though Murray is on low-band they do have CCFire in their trucks and squad.

Additional Info can be found at the following URLs:

http://www.google.com/custom?num=10...ty+nebraska&sitesearch=www.radioreference.com
http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1663

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Here is a map of the Fire Dists in Cass.

Attachments

• Cass_Co_Fire_Dist.jpg
    Cass_Co_Fire_Dist.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 225

Pro92

Pierce Frequencies for PD/SO & FD

[QUOTE=NeFire242
Dear sir , i am going camping in Pierce on Wed-Friday do you what the frequencies are for Police/Sheriff & Fire services.
Thanks!
Rob

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Pierce? Pierce what? City, County, Camp Grounds, What state? A little more info would be nice.

Pierce County Nebraska? --> There is this website called RadioReference.com that has tons of info in it's "database" area. Here's a quick link, http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1720

Ugh, and why do you ask a firefighter about PD and Sheriff freqs? They're not nearly as important as we are!

Now I'm going to have to take my anger out on Nate again.

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
Now I'm going to have to take my anger out on Nate again.
I didn't even say anything on this thread:twisted:
LAW ENFORCEMENT
is more important than you piros.:lol:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Aww we love Nate yo. =p

KG4WHM said:
I didn't even say anything on this thread:twisted:
LAW ENFORCEMENT
is more important than you piros.:lol:

Oh really?

Now who do you want to show up... a cop... or me and my 105' Aerial truck? Thought so. haha =)

Attachments

• nathan2.jpg
    nathan2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
All I have to do it crawl out the bottom window.

Ugh, you would too.

And of course speaking of Cass Fire I noticed at about 1am or so last night CCSO started using it because their POS of repeater is once again down. Yup not surprised.

I hope with them installing new towers and doing all of this upgrading they consider redoing their fire paging to page out their entire county instead of Lancaster doing some of it.

Weird how Elmwood and Murdock Rescue go to Bryan LGH in Lincoln and can be heard just fine, but they can't page Eagle or Alvo for a Rescue call.

twister19

It is not a matter of radio stuff, rather its a matter of Alltel suxs really bad and has all 911 calls directed from Eagle and Alvo to Lincoln 911 and all of Greenwoods going to Saunders County.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
What about Douglas and Sarpy? They don't magically devide cellphone RF. Funny how any other county seems to manage this hurdle and yet Cass once again falls behind on this very issue.

As a firefighter I see a huge shame when a county can't page it's own departments out yet their own radio system works in the county next to it. They can easily fix the PASP. What about the other cell phone carriers?

Look at how vastly huge some of these other counties are and they manage to page out their departments just fine, using VHF simplex even!

Two things are happenings here:

1. Cass doesn't know any better and that there is a way to improve what they have.

2. No one knows how to speak up and demand things get changed.

Pretty tough to sell 800MHz and the whole idea of interop to me when you can't even page out your own freakin' fire departments. You are solely relying on two other counties than your own to page out. Sad.. SAD.

SCPD

QRT
twister19 said:
It is not a matter of radio stuff, rather its a matter of Alltel suxs really bad and has all 911 calls directed from Eagle and Alvo to Lincoln 911 and all of Greenwoods going to Saunders County.
It's not the phone company. It's the counties fault.
With cell phones the call givers their location and if it is a different county the call gets transfered. If it is in the county the call taker gets the info and what ever services is needed they are dispatch by that county.
Cass county is just backwords. They should be the ones dispatching all services in the county not other counties. I could understand this if they didn't have a communications center but they do.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
It's not the phone company. It's the counties fault.
With cell phones the call givers their location and if it is a different county the call gets transfered.

Yup, if a caller is just south of Harrison Street in Sarpy County and they get the Douglas County 911 Center with their cellphone, Douglas County is going to transfer the caller back to Sarpy. This is why they always tell you to know your location when you call 911.

KG4WHM said:
They should be the ones dispatching all services in the county not other counties.

I couldn't agree more. If you leave some of the counties dispatching up to another county, what happens if that county's system fails? Now what do you do?

Its just crazy that it works in Lincoln, and yet 14 miles closer to the tower site in little Eagle they can't get paged? I can hear the signal just fine when I'm there. It's just poor planning and excuses as to why they don't do it.

And if this is the case, Union is closer to Nebraska City than Eagle is to Lincoln.. You don't see any problems with Union now do you? (minus the whole not having a license in the first place, but yeah).

Yokoshibu

I thought GPS enabled phones were to make this a little easier.... I think thats where the alltel comment was aimed at.... yes they should work but do they... no of course not... someone in iowa called into sarpy county and the SO went out to find no one in the area cause the caller never stated they were in iowa all they gave was the cross streets ... oh btw you can dislexize them

twister19

You guys did not listen to me...I said the Alltel phones are messed up *INCLUDING* LAN lines not just Cell Phones. But its not that we DONT have the ability to page out but rather its who is running the county that makes the decision. *cough* sheriff *cough*He is what one would call a non-proactive type of person. He is tooooooo nice to people and doesn’t demand anything from anyone. That is mostly the reason why the county SO is in such a shortage of money because he is letting the county commissioners run him like they are in charge. All of our money that is gathered from citations go into the county general fund and the SO doesn’t get a penny from that fund. All we work off of is grants and the taxes. I AM JUST A PEEON IN THIS COUNTY SO DONT TAKE IT OUT ON ME

Yokoshibu

lan lines? you mean IP based lines or does altell offer isdn / t-3 t-2 t-1 or what?

I understand the peed on comment so take no offense to me inquiring you about what you are saying cause I want to know whats going on!

so let me take a schwack at it.... the dispatchers dont have the capability to get the E-911 or gps enabled cellular data so they have no clue where those calls are coming from? thats what it sounds like you are sayin!

Thanks!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
From what it sounds like to me, is that Alltel is near the county line. And when someone uses their little Alltel phone they hit the Eagle tower, thus get transferred to Lincoln because of the PSAP is routed that way. However, again this has nothing to do with the ability to page your own counties fire departments.

All Lancaster or Cass County would have to do is hit that Gray "Transfer Call" Button on their phones. Again this falls back on a lack of training and pure laziness onto both communications departments.

daleduke17

NeFire242 said:
Oh really?

Now who do you want to show up... a cop... or me and my 105' Aerial truck? Thought so. haha =)

I'd personally take an engine or two and some tankers ;).

But, on topic:

Cass County, NE is 566 sq mi.
Logan County, IL is 620 sq mi.
McLean County, IL is 1,186 sq mi.

Logan (roughly the same size) and McLean (almost twice the size) can page all of their own departments. Granted each of them have departments on different frequencies...but...they do it all on their own. McLean has a bunch of small rural departments out on the eastern edge of the county (Bellflower, Colfax, Arrowsmith) and they can page them. Now, if it was Cherry County in Nebraska, then, I could possibly see using multiple towers, or even different PSAP's.

But, what do I know. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.