Cass County Missouri Fire no audio

fredva

Feed Provider
I saw two different reports of no audio and feed providers unresponsive to messages on back-to-back days. As a feed provider, it does seem like the combination of no audio and unresponsiveness could be addressed in a policy. One issue to consider is that when a feed is online, the rules do not allow another would-be feed provider to duplicate the contents of that feed.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I saw two different reports of no audio and feed providers unresponsive to messages on back-to-back days. As a feed provider, it does seem like the combination of no audio and unresponsiveness could be addressed in a policy. One issue to consider is that when a feed is online, the rules do not allow another would-be feed provider to duplicate the contents of that feed.
Duplicate the other providers feed from their feed itself or making another one? Cause theres an area near me that has numerous fire feeds except some are listed as a specific FD, but its the exact same talkgroups as the first, and because the county uses trunking system tac channels for fire, I have no idea why its listed as a specific department. Theres 4 feeds in one county like that all the same stuff LOL except its listed under different names of FDs...redundant. Kinda makes me think some providers that are doing this for the premium subscription benefits, there often offline too but pop back up a few times a month

Then theres a feed listed as a fire department which uses the county trunked tacs but the feed is actually the county wide paging channel even tho its listed as a specific dept. LOL Another one listed as a individual fire dept, listened for 30 minutes, nuthin but dead air. Like I said they use the county trunked tac channels, I'm listening with a real radio but it aint comin across the feed LOL

Last edited:

fredva

Feed Provider
Duplicate the other providers feed from their feed itself or making another one?
I was referring to somebody creating a new feed for Somecity Police with their channels/talkgroups, when somebody else already has a feed for Somecity Police with the same channels/talkgroups. Sounds like what you are describing would be a violation to me, just the titles of the feeds are different, but it's not my call. Now if a feed provider had Somecity Police and another provider had Somecity Police and Fire, that would be allowed because one feed has additional content.