Cass County Mutual Aid Mtg

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, everyone.

Is anyone who participates here going to the Cass County Mutual Aid meeting tonight, at the Murray Fire Station?

I live less than a mile from there, but have other plans which don't permit me to attend. Who knows - the public may not be welcome for all I know about it. I'm not a member of a fire, rescue, or police department, but I have an interest in the direction our county takes.

If someone does go, I'd be interested in seeing a short summary of what transpired posted here, if that's possible!

Thanks, in advance!

73's

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of great information that can be gained from these Mutual Aid Meetings. I attened one in Lancaster County when they were building the County's Rural Fire 800mhz system. I learned about all the channels they would have and what towers each channel would use. All this was gathered even before they started transmitting on the system. Please post some of the highlights if anyone attended this meeting.

--Joe

twister19

Well, Cass County for the last hundered years have all been talking about their grant money and how they are going to use it on the communications. Then sometimes (depending on who is hosting it) there will be a training or some short lession at the begining or end of the meeting. I have been "kick" off of the Murray Fire Dept. property so I was unable to attend this meeting or I would be able to give you a report. This is a public meeting and anyone is more then welcome to come. They start off with their tallies for the month (Fire calls, Rescue calls, Mutual Aid calls, etc...) then they roll into old buisness and eventually get into the new business in which they have mostly been talking about radios and things like the EMA new truck and purchasing air bottles etc...then they dismiss and eat dinner or do their training... hope this helps anyone out there. really it is a waste of time and that is probably why you see such a low turn out when the meetings are held at firestations on the other side of the county then murray is.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
twister19 said:
really it is a waste of time

For you.

For us, it's nice to see stats. I like to see trends that develop from these meetings such as who is begining to require the most mutal aid, and why. Response times, etc. This all counts towards your ISO ratings.

These are open to the public, and the public is encouraged to attend. This is your tax dollars at work and grant money. (again in the end, your tax dollars). If you want to see how your department works or why they do something for a reason, then stop by the station, or call them.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
NeFire242 said:
For you.

For us, it's nice to see stats. I like to see trends that develop from these meetings such as who is begining to require the most mutal aid, and why. Response times, etc. This all counts towards your ISO ratings.

These are open to the public, and the public is encouraged to attend. This is your tax dollars at work and grant money. (again in the end, your tax dollars). If you want to see how your department works or why they do something for a reason, then stop by the station, or call them.

Good morning, everyone!

My thoughts exactly - it's "government in action" and your tax dollars pay for it.

I'll have to get a little more involved in these things to find out what is going on!

NeFire242 - do you know when the next Mutual Aid Association meeting is going to be held, and where?

73's

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
realgeo said:
NeFire242 - do you know when the next Mutual Aid Association meeting is going to be held, and where?

Yeah George, I'll check and post it here for everyone to know. Not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.