Cass County Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. That’s interesting they would go Phase 2 with Clay on the Minnesota ARMER 800 side is Phase 1. Have to watch this evolve.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Apparently, Motorola has convinced the powers that be in North Dakota; 700/800 MHz is the way to go with this new statewide radio system. Due to the wide-open land, I was thinking the VHF-High band would make more sense for coverage reasons. It will be interesting to see how all of this will develop in the next year or two.

73's

Ron

BisManRadio

I agree Thunderbolt. I just don't see the need to move away from the current state system. It works and it works well. There is hardly any voice traffic on it anymore anyways. I just don't see the need to spend millions upon millions for a new system. It is a simple system and it just works.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Since they are planning to use 700/800 MHz channel pairs, this will mean additional tower locations will have to be built. Usually, when they use VHF-High band, less transmitter sites are needed. I have a feeling the final price tag for this radio system will be a whopper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.