Cass County Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

43g70

Here is some pictures of the towers that are used or going to be used for their Public Safety.

First Picture will be the Kinder-Morgan which has Plattsmouth Fire on it.

Second is the Cell 29 site by Beaver Lake. It is proposed for their new plan.

Last is the Manley site which County Fire and Sheriff office on it.

Enjoy,

43g70

Attachments

• plattsmouthtower.JPG
    plattsmouthtower.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 328
  • cell29beaver lake.JPG
    cell29beaver lake.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Manleytower.JPG
    Manleytower.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 323

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Nice pictures. Wonder if that company Kinder Morgan gets a better response time. =p Plattsmouth fire is funny with things at times.

The cell29 tower looks pretty stout, don't think they'll have much problems adding anything to that tower.

The last one has some microwave stuff on there it looks like, does the county use that then too, or is this a cell site as well do you know?

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, guys!

Good pix, 43g70!

Yep - the Cell 29+ tower is lightly-loaded and shouldn't have any problem! I drove up to the building one evening last week and looked up at the tower.

Speaking of towers - has anyone spotted the two white "panels" on the former KOTD tower north of Plattsmouth? I was driving north on 75 yesterday and the white reflections caught my eye.

Is this part of the new system taking shape? I think Twister19 mentioned that they were going to drop the current KOTD tower and build a new, 300 footer.

Maybe this is temporary, for coverage testing. I work in a basement in Omaha during the day, so have no way to listen to Cass's 800 MHz. channels. Has anyone heard any traffic?

73's

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Well now that they've dropped 15MHz I'll have to reprogram them into the scanner. I should just add the new channels to see which ones they actually could be testing on. This way when I'm in the area I can listen to the entire channel sets and see.

This could also be some sort of wireless internet. I see that a lot down there, like even on the Beaver Lake water towers and stuff.

SDOG

KOTD Tower

The panels I beleive are part of the MDT's that PPD got on a grant a year or so ago. It took that long to get all the I's dotted and T's crossed. 700mhz data I believe.

SDOG

NeFire242 said:
Nice pictures. Wonder if that company Kinder Morgan gets a better response time. =p

???????? Plattsmouth fire is funny with things at times.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
SDOG said:
The panels I beleive are part of the MDT's that PPD got on a grant a year or so ago. It took that long to get all the I's dotted and T's crossed. 700mhz data I believe.

Hey, SDOG! Thanks for the clarification! I had heard mention made of PPD using Mobile Data, but hadn't seen anywhere where it was actually implemented!

You don't happen to have the inside track into when/where the next Cass Mutual Aid Assoc meeting will be?

Thanks!

SDOG

CassCounty M/A

Most likely will be Nehawka. When I find out I will post it!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Looks as if they've added some of the 800MHz stuff for Cass on the Cell29 tower site.

Attachments

• Cell29.jpg
    Cell29.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 237

SDOG

New Tower

Take alook north of the KOTD tower.... New 300' tower just went up week of the 23rd! 800mhz is getting closer to a reality!

obijohn

new info

With the 300 foot tower up at Plattsmouth, I am sure that it won't be long until
Cass County gets off the dime and puts up the new system.
I am presently monitoring 866.4 and 868.3. These will be the Plattsmouth
tower channels. 868.625 will be on KPTM's tower at Pflugg road in Sarpy county.
868.875 will be at OPPD 's tower near Beaver lake. i am anticipating that this will be an analog system.

These are conventional channels, so no trunking in this system. The workhorse site will be the KPTM site. the Fcc database says the antenna will be at 1000' AGL. I noticed a
DB224E antenna on the new Plattsmouth tower this weekend. It is oriented 270 degrees.
No VHF licenses at the new site, so I do not know what this is for.

As an observation on another post, I found a base station transmitting on 775.800 MHz
signing WPTZ786 with a morse identifier. This is probably the MDT channel that was being discussed for Plattsmouth. I have no demodulator for this, and if it is being used for
NCIC traffic, it will be encrypted, so I am not going to investigate this one further.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good morning, everyone!

Let us not forget what the 800MHz. Transition Advisor website tells us about callsign WQET706.

According to the website, each of the Cass County 800 MHz. frequencies will have to shift DOWN by 15MHz. from the currently-licensed ones.

Just an observation - we all might want to listen to both the originally licensed freqs and the -15MHz. ones, as well! I don't see any reason for transmissions on the 866/868 frequencies when they exist in the Cell/ESMR band.

73's

SDOG

Cass County 800.

Sources close to me say it will be a P25 Simulcast Conventional system. It may start as analog, but when all P25 user equipment has been purchased they will switch to P25 with the possibility of encryption. Bad news for the scanner listeners.

obijohn said:
With the 300 foot tower up at Plattsmouth, I am sure that it won't be long until
Cass County gets off the dime and puts up the new system.
I am presently monitoring 866.4 and 868.3. These will be the Plattsmouth
tower channels. 868.625 will be on KPTM's tower at Pflugg road in Sarpy county.
868.875 will be at OPPD 's tower near Beaver lake. i am anticipating that this will be an analog system.

These are conventional channels, so no trunking in this system. The workhorse site will be the KPTM site. the Fcc database says the antenna will be at 1000' AGL. I noticed a
DB224E antenna on the new Plattsmouth tower this weekend. It is oriented 270 degrees.
No VHF licenses at the new site, so I do not know what this is for.

As an observation on another post, I found a base station transmitting on 775.800 MHz
signing WPTZ786 with a morse identifier. This is probably the MDT channel that was being discussed for Plattsmouth. I have no demodulator for this, and if it is being used for
NCIC traffic, it will be encrypted, so I am not going to investigate this one further.

obijohn

well gee whiz.

That's whats nice about these threads. You can get up to speed on whats going on.
I didn't realize that the rebanding was so soon. Thanks for directing my attention to
the rebanding coordination site Georgie. I just assumed (I hate that word) that the
license they got was ok, but now I see they would have had to move in 3 to 6 months.

I hear incumbent stuff in the 851-853 range, so I guess Cass is waiting for them to
move before turning up their system? Guess I'm going to have to break down and
get P25 gear. does anyone know if it will be AMBE or IMBE?

As you can tell I just joined this group, so I have to get up to speed here.

Thanks all!

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
obijohn said:
does anyone know if it will be AMBE or IMBE?

Howdy, "obiJohn" and all!

Yep - the P25 that Cass will use is based on the IMBE (Improved Multi Band Excitation) vocoder that DVI labs developed. AFAIK, the Project 25 specification stipulates the use of IMBE.

If I recall, AMBE (Advanced Multi Band Excitation) was an earlier vocoder, developed by the same company, which was used in Motorola systems that still ran the analog 3600 baud control channel, but wanted to have digitized voice.

I recommend the Uniden Bearcat BCD396T - a very GOOD portable unit capable of 800/700 MHz. operation, as well as digital and analog trunking!

Happy listening!

73's

43g70

I heard the two channel in Plattsmouth being used by the Sheriff Office. This on the non rebanded freq.

43g70

SDOG

The KOTD tower is hot and running good. Has excellent coverage!! Queen Hill rd tower should be up and running soon! KPTM o follow. KOTD tower can be accessed from handhelds in eagle, west omaha and Omakorn (Elkorn) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.