Cass County's Murdock 800 MHz. tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
SDOG said:
Most of the equipment has been ordered and they are waiitng to see what happens on a Homeland Security Grant to see if subscriber equipment will be able to be purchased in the near future.. or they will have to phase it in a little at a time.

Hey, SDOG! Thanks for the update. What kind of equipment has Cass County ordered? Did they go with Motorola stuff, or maybe Kenwood?

73's.

SDOG

Cass County 800

I believe the repeaters will end up being Motorola Quantars operating in mixed mode analog/digital.

twister19

Wow! you mean that they are truly going to get something worth buying and not some POS equipment that they always buy used? Well, I hope they wire these radios in right when they put the new ones in. When we got our new pickup truck "*sensored*" company wired the radios in with the lightbar switch so when the deputy turned on 2 of his 4 aux. switches the radio stopped working. At the same time when they recieved one of their new vics, somehow the moron who installed the equipment wired it so that when the key was off so was everything else. ooops.. you could say that the chief was a little pissed off about that one.

As far as what i ment by P25 I was talking in terms of having "extras" inside... I guess I just want to have a P25 radio.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
They should have contacted the installer and had them do it over again. The county would have been a customer, and the customer is always right, right? Yup! Have them do it over again, this time give them a list of demands and specs you want met. They don't do it right, don't pay out.

Status
Not open for further replies.