Cassidian for Sedgwick County (Topeka?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Apparently the visit to Richardson went well. Richardson is using the Cassidian P-25 system with Motorola subscriber units (mobiles and portables). They have great in-building coverage with 4 tower sites covering 28 square miles! Apparenly, the town almost glows with RF!

Anyway, apparently all the system tests they made went well. Now we will just have to see if Topeka can break from their long history as a /\/\ customer to go with a lower price system!

cinsu

KAA, any idea who cassidian used as the backbone manufacturer in Richardson? I have seen in the Sedgwick county documents they used Tait for the backbone and initial subscriber units. I would assume if Shawnee County "piggybacks" off the Sedgwick county contract they would be getting the same.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Good question. I have not seen any system specs yet.

I did see this in the agenda for the December 19, 2011 County Commission Meeting- though I can't seem to find what they did about it.

?Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2011-11 authorizing the financing, acquisition and
installation of emergency first responder communication facilities, equipment, betterments and
related incidentals"

nec911

I have not seen the specs yet either. Been trying to get the boss to find me a copy. From what I heard they like to use Tait as their backbone.

cinsu

Almost passed this over in the December 19 Shawnee county commission meeting notes.

"Consider Resolution No. HR-2011-11 authorizing the financing, acquisition and installation of emergency first responder communication facilities, equipment, betterments and related incidentals."

Reading further in to it,

"The Board of County Commissioners of the County is assessing the acquisition, installation and construction of certain improvements to the County's emergency responders' communications operations and related equipment and facilities..."

It states "This Home Rule Resolution does not authorize any improvement, it merely gives the Board another source of financing should the improvement be authorized."

It appears somebody is getting ready to come back to the commission with another proposal for a new radio system...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cinsu

From http://www.snco.us/commission/meeting/packet/20120419_ap.pdf

It appears the county counselor is requesting permission to negotiate directly with Motorola now? I am kind of confused by this as I thought they had already negotiated for prices and were just narrowing it down to which one they would pick. Either way it appears they have picked a final choice of motorola and are just going to negotiate to lower the price as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.