Castrol Raceway Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

devile

Premium Subscriber
Hey All,

Does anyone know the ops freq for castrol raceway, or any of them for that matter. I've been down there a couple of times using close call on my BCT346XT with no luck yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Hey All,

Does anyone know the ops freq for castrol raceway, or any of them for that matter. I've been down there a couple of times using close call on my BCT346XT with no luck yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Don't remember where I got these. Castrol 1 453.400 Castrol 2 468.025. I have never confirmed them.

devile

Premium Subscriber
Scanned tonight with no luck, had close call on the whole time too. No luck, may have to take the SDR next time and do some searching...

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Scanned tonight with no luck, had close call on the whole time too. No luck, may have to take the SDR next time and do some searching...

Good idea I wonder if they are on DMR and don't show up on close call. Have you tried 453.7375, 458.3125 or some of the other low power catch all frequencies?

devile

Premium Subscriber
ya last week I did a full spectrum scan with my scanner and came up with nothing but digital signals, though that could be anything being they are so close to the airport. SDR will help for sure. Otherwise I'm not that experienced in that.

BC_Scan

Anytime we go to a public event that uses rental radios I take antenna off of scanner and put in search mode depending on band I see on radio , if its TRBO there close call will not work. if its IDAS/Nexedge than yes. so look at the radio Moto/Icom/Kenwood, etc.
If you seacrh 406-470 and they are using radio you should find something.
If you were useing close call did you witness persons speaking into radio ?
this suggests to me Moto, so use search mode that you define with scanner.
With being proverbially on top of the action, even in simplex you should find activity without antenna.

devile

Premium Subscriber
I was within 200 feet of users of the radios and could actively see them on it. They use a headset for sound reduction so I have yet to see a radio close enough to see what it is. removing the antenna is a good idea. Could be MOTO, I have no idea. I'll try the search mode but again all new to me. I'll see what I can figure out. It'll be a couple weeks before I'm back there now.

- Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.