Cataloging MOTOTRBO information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since our database appears to be unable to catalog the MOTOTRBO information found by the DSD software, feel free to use the wiki. Remember our collaboration gateway (which can be found by floating your mouse over Wiki in the toolbar) has an entry for every state - so there's a place to start.

I would also suggest the use of the extensions to pull the information about the frequency in question from our database. Even though you can't pull a single frequency, you should be able to pull in the correct category, and that should be sufficient for a starting point.

How to use the extensions to accomplish this is detailed here;

RR Wiki Extensions - The RadioReference Wiki

If enough interest is shown, a Wiki category can be constructed to be able to better isolate those articles with this information. It would be a highly unique way to catalog this information, since I don't believe anyone else is doing this.

How you enter the data, and what data to keep, is up to the DSD user community - which seems to be slowly growing.

The rest, as they say, is up to you. We can help with any of the particulars.

Mike

scannerfreak

Database Admin
What can't the DB support? It supports conventional (with color code), Capacity Plus, and Connect Plus trunking.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I didn't know this - can it support this on the conventional level as well as trunked? Anytime I see a MOTOTRBO conventional listing, all that's shown is TRBO in the mode without much explanation...

Mike

[edit] Here's an example -- Madison County Virginia with 2 freqs that are so marked - there appears to be no place to put the information that Dave S. found in the Virginia forum

Madison County Va.

In addition there is only a single reference to MOTOTRBO in the 1.5 version of the handbook, in section 6.2.5.6 - which is why I suggested the use of the wiki in the first place...

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
See this thread in the Virginia forum ...(message 4 in particular)

http://forums.radioreference.com/vi...forum/235623-mototrbo-p25-decode-success.html

Dave has ID'ed both a time slot and a group number associated with a couple of MOTOTRBO conventional freqs. It appears from examining the DBA handbook and the current DB listing that the current structure of the DB doesn't support cataloging this information, unless there's some redesign coming down the pike.

The wiki is not so constricted in that it can carry whatever information is required without a redesign effort of some sort. Since MOTOTRBO cannot be decoded by anything out of the box (yet) it's probably not very useful to put in the web service, although that's certainly an Admin call

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.