Catching Up is Hard to Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I think that was a song by Neil Sedaka...yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4

Still in Louisville (Loo-uh-vil), KY. Over 200 emails behind, many posts behind. Trade shows are killers.

I do see where we have discontinued the BCD536HP (according to one site). According to me, we have not done so. I win.

I also see that a couple of threads have been closed with a well-deserved slam of the door.

Next week is about catching up, meeting with lawyers about organizational issues, hopefully getting the beta iPhone app from our developers, getting a needle stuck in my spine. Of the four, only looking forward to the app...the rest are necessary evils.

Ok, well, play nice.

Houdini7

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update, and good luck with the coming week :)

phask

Premium Subscriber
I think that was a song by Neil Sedaka...yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4

Still in Louisville (Loo-uh-vil), KY. Over 200 emails behind, many posts behind. Trade shows are killers.

I do see where we have discontinued the BCD536HP (according to one site). According to me, we have not done so. I win.

I also see that a couple of threads have been closed with a well-deserved slam of the door.

Next week is about catching up, meeting with lawyers about organizational issues, hopefully getting the beta iPhone app from our developers, getting a needle stuck in my spine. Of the four, only looking forward to the app...the rest are necessary evils.

Ok, well, play nice.

Been there done the needles times 3 and no joy...

JamesO

Ok, well, play nice.

Paul, sorry to hear that you only are looking forward to 1 out of 4 tasks!

I guess having a needle stuck in your spine is better than a needle in your eye?

You should stay away more often as you miss out on all the kids fighting and bickering!!

Maybe we need a forum area here named Ask UPMan, only the original poster and you can post in a thread. So there would hopefully be no cross talk, bleed over, interference, skip or pirate radio operations!

It could save you and others time and headaches.

Good luck on the other 3 tasks, hope they all turn out well.

mrkelso

UpMan, Good Luck with the back thing. No one should have to endure those needles in the spine. I know i have had my share of them. It will be worth it in the long run and My family and I will keep you in our prayers for healing.

Hang in there....

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Needle versus forum

Heck, the needle will probably be less painful than the pain in the donkey that some posters have created.
Good luck with your procedure but be assured some idiot will ask you to post a reply while you are in surgery.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Do you really need to come across so arrogant, Mr. UpMan?

scanchs

Try Wicks Pizza on Bardstown Rd. if you have time. Yummy.

Or, there's always KingFish Seafood Restaurants... also very yummy!

I don't see the arrogance you speak of. An arrogant person would have been so busy and important that they wouldn't have bothered to post anything at all...

ScanCHS

bama9999

I think you're mistaking what was meant in a humorous way as arrogance. I didn't see anything at all arrogant about the post.

Paul, good luck with the issues you'll be dealing with next week. I hope it all goes much better than expected.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
If thats a disco gram your getting, I feel your pain. Had 4 of them. Not fun. Good luck. Health comes first before anything. Take care of yourself!

Jake68111

Maybe we need a forum area here named Ask UPMan, only the original poster and you can post in a thread. So there would hopefully be no cross talk, bleed over, interference, skip or pirate radio operations!

I'll +1 this.

IMHO, I'd much rather go through a sub like this and find good questions with good answers instead of reading a bunch of stuff that really doesn't mean a whole lot (see quote above).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Something I'd really like to see is this: Some type of Podcast/Live Internet Talk Show hosted by Upman (or whatever the appropriate technical term for that concept is).

That would be where folks could call Upman with their questions and the conversation would be streamed on the internet for the rest of us to hear.

While this forum serves a great purpose and has provided me with lots of useful information, you just can't beat the back and forth of a conversation. For me, there always seems to be a follow-up question to the answer I get.

I imagine that when the Siren app becomes available, there probably will be lots of questions on how to configure it with the scanner. The same would be true for other x36HP features that Upman mentioned in the release video a while back.

So a Podcast might be a really neat thing.

And most important, best wishes to Upman and any other person facing a medical procedure. Hope all goes well!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
My take on the siren app is as follows... Thankful for Upman's update yesterday-he did say he would keep us posted when he had something to report so the lack of updates, which I found frustrating, only meant the app development hadn't progressed to a point where Upman saw a need to post informative information. A reassuring post stating that the engineering department was still engaged in its perfection was offered and as human nature goes, we all then had follow-up questions as to a guestimation by Upman on a release date. But because Upman deals in facts, he wasn't about to get our hopes up. Mom told me she never made promises because she didn't want to break them. Upman knows we spent an extra $100 for the WiFi siren app feature, and want what we paid for. And hopefully, later this week there will be something more on the subject. But I still can't feel good about being held hostage to a product rollout that was a bit premature. Currently I also feel a need for more reassurance that this feature IS coming... Just be patient. And that's because whatever the reason for the delay, until I have it I will remain suspicious of the claim it's going to happen. As Upman no longer watches this thread, I don't see much hope in any reply from him so this post is mostly therapeutic. Oh well...

VE3RADIO

Maybe Uniden could give us all a refund for $100 and when the app is released we can buy the app for $100 from the app store... maybe that would convince them to hurry up and deliver.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Two recommendations while you are in Louisville:

1. Stay away from the downtown pedestrian bridge until your next trip.

2. Make ofd8001 take you out to dinner while you are here. He has the money! I recommend Rivue Steakhouse downtown (remember, stay away from the pedestrian bridge).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
1: I stayed away from downtown entirely (mainly due to time and 2 cars for 4 people).
2: He in fact did. I'm a cheap date, though, so I don't think affording it was a problem. Enjoyed the visit. Tried not to be too arrogant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.