Catoosa 700 MHz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Glad to see this. They have had dead spots on 800 going back to the 90s. Too many hills. Glad they are finally getting coverage. Well over due.(y)

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not sure how this is going to work since CPD answers to TCSO dispatch/records on OKWIN P-25. Unless the city has plans to open their own department again.

nd5y

Maybe it will be an OKWIN site.
Maybe they will have patches to OKWIN talkgroups.
There is no way to tell based on the application.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Trunked system is requested by outside agency and conventional app is by the Fire Chief. Trunked system shows no interconnect, not sure how that plays into OKWIN.

radiobison

The new trunked radio site will be connected to OK-WIN. Dispatch will remain in Tulsa.
The new conventional site will be a backup to the trunked site, will be used by police, fire, etc. and also for mutual aid with surrounding communities.

Cheers.

peterjmag

I thought so. Thanks for the confirmation. Long over due. Glad they are finally getting the proper coverage. Too many dead spots due to the hills in the area. This will help Catoosa and that part of Rogers County tremendously.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I see this has been added to the P25 OKWIN, and ARC software is showing the update but Sentinel is not showing it yet? I'm also noticing a change is some TPD unit ID's numbers with a few showing up as 6031xxx not sure if this is related or if TPD has received some newer radios.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Not much in the way of outsider radio traffic, just a few connections to TCSO and TFD but mainly quite for now. TCSO seems to be on for a few hours then dead after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.