Catoosa Co. GA New P-25 All Digital 800 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Catoosa County, GA has their own 800-P25 All digital TRS.
The Talk Group ID's are different from those that continue to appear via Omni-Link on Hamilton Co--Chattanooga, TN system. Back in the analog days, Catoosa's units affiliated on a tower site in Ringold, GA.

FCC Callsign WQKU453 Details

Towers in Walker, Dade, Catoosa, and on the ridge west of Dalton along I-85 (Whitfield Co).

Traveling southbound on I-75, I can monitor almost to the Bartow County Line north of Cartersville.
Licensee Name: CATOOSA, COUNTY License: WQKU453
Status: Active (2009-09-15) Counties: CATOOSA WALKER WHITFIELD DADE
State: GA
Radio Service: YE: Public Safety/Spec Emerg and Public Safety Ntl Plan, 806-817/851

** CONTROL CHANNEL 851.175

# Tower ID
1 TOWER LOC. KITTLE RD
2 TOWER LOC. TAYLORS RIDGE
3 TOWER LOC DUG GAP MTN
4 TOWER LOC CANYON RIDGE

Talkgroups so far.... Some unidentified.
TG 2069 CATOOSA CO SHERIFF
TG 1511 unid
TG 2071 FT.OGELTHORPE POLICE
TG 1529 EMS
TG 1515 FD-unknown which, county or Ft. Oglethorpe City FD
TG 2075 unid

ButchGone

What you heard is the three site simulcast cell that's part of the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System that stretches from north Georgia to north of Knoxville.
BG..

Julian1

Catoosa County's New P-25 FCC License -

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQKU453 - CATOOSA, COUNTY OF

With all due respect to ButchGone... The FCC License link above is specific to Catoosa County, GA. Each of the tower sites under this license are in Georgia.

I would suspect that Catoosa County's radios can affiliate with the new Tennessee Valley system ButchGone is mentioning as they now can with the mixed mode Hamilton Co / Chattanooga TRS.

If Butch or others could offer more clarrification, please do. I'm basing my post on the FCC License document.

Thanks in advance for more info that Butch and others may have.

ButchGone

The Georgia portion of the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System is licensed to Catoosa County - but it covers four counties. The four simulcast sites in Chattanooga are licensed to that city, the rest of the TN sites are licensed under the State of Tennessee. It is one large, regional system.
Catoosa County handled grant $$ for the Georgia folks, Chattanooga handled the federal/state money for TN side but they also built the system for everybody.
BG..

Last edited:

Julian1

Catoosa - Good Explanation!!

ButchGone & B7Spectra (a.k.a. Mike)

Thank you for taking the time to explain the origin of the 800-TRS that Catoosa County is now using.

Unless one is up to speed on how these things get started (as I was not) it can be confusing.

I apperciate all the good info sent in by so many knowledgeable folks as you.

Happy Scanning - Stay Safe -

And if you're not yet a member of NRA or have a Concealed Carry Permit, SIGN UP, PLEASE.
The recoil ain't so bad...you'll soon enjoy the smell of powder and the sound of freedom as each round goes bang....

Sorry... I get a little fired up since I've taken to shooting a Glock 19. We all at times take iron tablets. So, why not a little lead dust for balanced nutrition.
Gladly ticking off A-G Eric Holder and his fellow libs.... see I can't stop. :)
Scanners and pistols, pistols and scanners... Great country, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.