Catrans sysid:1224 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Caltrans sysid:1224 programming

I love my BCD396T and have programmed many systems with much luck. Now I am broadening my horizons, and trying a Motorola type IIi HYBRID system. first do I need all the freq's or just the Control channel ?. Next I saw the fleetmap in the data base but don't understand how to install in fleetmat section of UASD software. your help and patience is greatly appreciated Thanks ,Brent

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You only need the control channels.

Create a 800MHz Type I or Type II (it doesn't matter as they both allow fleetmap editing). Click TRUNK Option, add the control channels, then click Set Fleet Map. Set the Fleetmap like this:

sizecode 13
sizecode 13
sizecode 0
sizecode 0
sizecode 0
sizecode 4
sizecode 0
sizecode 0

For future reference: in the database you'll see S## in the lower row of the fleetmap (Row "TT"). Those numbers are what you set each block for.

-Wayne

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Was able to create new system (800Mhz type II) and entered the control channel frequency. I opened the trunk option and set to Custom. when BLOCK 0 = size 13 the software automaticaly blocks out BLOCK 1,2,3 with "------------" and wont let you change this. Next I was able to put size code 4 into block 5. The only way I can put size 13 or any size code into block 1 is to have a size 11 or less in block 0. just to let you know I tried this with bcd 396t, bc246t, and bc246t advanced virtual control software. All with the same results. I also tried to program the radio directly , no luck

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm working on the same system in my 396 and am duplicating your problem. Any clues, Wayne?

yukon

Premium Subscriber
I Think I may have fixed the problem . I put size code 13 on Block 0 and size 4 in Block 5. I have been monitoring the system for a couple of hours and it seems to be working good. Kirk and Wayne I really appreciate your help and looking into this. Thanks

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Again, I've been monitoring the system for a day now , and it seems to be working.At least for as much as they talk on it. I hear both sides of the conversation and so forth. I've noticed that you updated system 07 talkgroups with lots of info. OK my next question is, what format do I use, or how do I put the sbfleet ,and DEC information into the ID column in UASD software?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The decimal is the fleet. So you would enter it like this 000-01 or 500-13.

Also, the software is correct about the sizecodes. 13/O is supposed to take up that many blocks.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.