Cattaraugus County High Band Tones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Now that Cattaraugus County has been utilizing High Band Frequencies, Wondering if anyone has the Tone Sets for the High band 154.325, for the Fire/EMS in the County???

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Thunderknight is correct..I am looking for the NEW HIGH BAND Tone Outs from the new high band frequency 154.325 for the Fire and EMS in the County. They are the Tone Sets which activate the Alert function on pagers. The Ones listed from NF2G are from the LOW BAND 33.700. The tone sets have changed now that the county has/is migrating over to the high band from Low band...

D

DaveNF2G

Have you verified that the old tones did not get migrated to the new frequency, i.e. by programming them in FTO with the new channel?

toastycookies

Thunderknight is correct..I am looking for the NEW HIGH BAND Tone Outs from the new high band frequency 154.325 for the Fire and EMS in the County. They are the Tone Sets which activate the Alert function on pagers. The Ones listed from NF2G are from the LOW BAND 33.700. The tone sets have changed now that the county has/is migrating over to the high band from Low band...

Ah i see, my bad.

Do they still have their nightly test at 18:00 mon-fri? You may be able to decode them yourself and share on here.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
There's a handy little app for smartphones called Radio ID which neatly identifies MDC-1200, GE Star, and Kenwood FleetSync ID formats. It also identifies QC-II and similar tone formats. You simply fire up the app and set your phone next to your scanner or other radio. As the tones are transmitted, you note which agency goes with which tones.

I have it running on my old iPhone 5S which I no longer use as a phone. Works great.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
DaveNF2G,
Yes I have and the tone sets have changed...Salamanca High band tones sound almost exactly like Franklinville's Low Band tone sets...I do know that the tone sets could have been just migrated over to High Band...As I hear Wyoming County on their High band tones didnt change much at all from Low Band...I also read where they did easily migrate them over with the exception of one or two...so I dont understand why the change, but they have changed...I am going to try that App Steve...maybe that might help...

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
DaveNF2G,
Yes I have and the tone sets have changed...Salamanca High band tones sound almost exactly like Franklinville's Low Band tone sets...I do know that the tone sets could have been just migrated over to High Band...As I hear Wyoming County on their High band tones didnt change much at all from Low Band...I also read where they did easily migrate them over with the exception of one or two...so I dont understand why the change, but they have changed...I am going to try that App Steve...maybe that might help...
When counties migrate their tone/voice alerting to a different band, it is very common that they restructure the tone allocations to match a standard tone chart. The way that two tone assignments work, it is practical to allocate each agency a block of tones from a single tone group. My county did exactly that when we moved from low band to high band.

Since you have to replace the pagers anyway, it's a good time to sort out tone assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.