Cb Antenaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I have used a trunk lip "stud" style CB mount for a scanner antenna setup once, it worked fine.

ALLENL022

Thanks I Have A Peterbilt Tractor That Had Duel Antennas For The Cb, Fm Radio And Tv I Took The Cb Off Of That System And Ran It Dedicated To A Different Antenna Now I Want To Run My Scanner In With Th Fm And Tv On That Original System Not Sure If It Would Be Ok Thanks

car2back

ALLENL022 said:
Thanks I Have A Peterbilt Tractor That Had Duel Antennas For The Cb, Fm Radio And Tv I Took The Cb Off Of That System And Ran It Dedicated To A Different Antenna Now I Want To Run My Scanner In With Th Fm And Tv On That Original System Not Sure If It Would Be Ok Thanks

If you have the right adapters, you should be fine; usually CBs have a PL-259 and you scanner has a BNC. The only concern I could see is with the coax; CBs are usually ran with RG-58, if you're trying to scan 800mhz or higher, there might be some signal loss. Otherwise, give it a try.

Keep 'yer greasy side down, I'll be 10-10 on the side.

Last edited:

ALLENL022

Good Deal Have Adapter. Im Going To Try Dont Want To Have To Run Another Antenna In Less I Need To Already Hve Cb Ant Radio & Tv Ant Plus Satelite Ant Dont Need Any More Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.