• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB Band is Open Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Band is open to the South and Midwest USA, wall to wall signals. Started listening around 8 am and it was open. Have to check low band VHF to see if any distant sigs coming in.

Groeteschele

Yes thank you. Much of American DX signals are booming in here too. Most is 10 & 11 meters. Your Super Bowl CB channel 6 27.205 MHz AM is like being next door.

bharvey2

All right.
CB channel 6 is open again. On the west coast. 7:40 am.
I may dust off my 10 meter for field day this weekend. It's grungie but readable.

DW
So. Cal

I was thinking the same thing with regard to 10m. I live in the SF Bay Area and tuned up 10m last weekend. I was picking up an operator out of Seattle, WA. Field Day could have some promise next weekend.

I never hear traffic on CB any more. (Not that I've had much interest, but I turn on a CB every few years) Maybe I'll tune in some CB just for fun and see if I can pick up a station or two.

bharvey2

10m was open for a bit last year for Field Day. Nothing great, but it was open.

I suspect the same for this week. When on was on last weekend, I could hear Seattle at about 50%. I could hear others in the background but not nearly clear enough to copy.

Last year I had a family reunion for my XYL side. 2 meters in Payson Az.
But I was thinking 10m. Mobile. Oh well, that was last year and this is this.
Good luck Harvey.

DW
So. Cal

bharvey2

Last year I had a family reunion for my XYL side. 2 meters in Payson Az.
But I was thinking 10m. Mobile. Oh well, that was last year and this is this.
Good luck Harvey.

DW
So. Cal

I'm not in to the contesting thing but I don't mind hanging out on the airwaves and helping those that do. It could be a fun weekend.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
There was no raping of 10m here in SoCal, sadly. :( Completely dead here. Though others down closer to LA did have some luck, as it looks like you did in Oxnard. It never picked up at all here in the Mojave Desert. 15m lasted a little bit but that died quickly as well. The only saving grace on 15m was zero noise floor where we were. I was pulling in S0 signals.

20m died today as well, and 40m went from a S0 noise floor to S9 within about an hour last night. That was reported all over the country. 20m and 40m were great while they lasted yesterday!

bharvey2

I gave 10m a shot on Saturday afternoon. I made one contact who was about 15 miles away. He was a pretty weak at that though he reported that I was coming in strong. I heard 20m coming in from Idaho (into California) but never tried to make contact. 2m and 70cm were pretty active though and I made quite a few simplex contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.