• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cb bleed over

Status
Not open for further replies.

handyman12

my bleedover

a guy about half mile from me bleeds me over all 40 channels, how do i stop it???? and if i did want to run a AMP is there filters for that on 10 meters........im running a base station antenna, SUPER PENETRATER that just came back out, it seems to HEAR real good, i hear bleed over....

kc4jgc

a guy about half mile from me bleeds me over all 40 channels, how do i stop it???? and if i did want to run a AMP is there filters for that on 10 meters........im running a base station antenna, SUPER PENETRATER that just came back out, it seems to HEAR real good, i hear bleed over....

Short smarta** answer: move. Seriously though, one half mile separation you're going to have that problem whether the other guy is running 104 or 4 watts. This, in my view is why class c CB (remote control) doesn't work well. Nearby class D stations on adjacent channels seriously inhibit remote control ops. Think about that when you go to a toy store or hobby shop selling remote control cars and boats using 27MHz. If you look at the channel assignments and class D, you'll notice there are gaps in channelization in the original 23. Those are the 27 MHz r/c channels. In fact, The reason that channels 24 and 25 are actually beween 22 and 23 is that there were originally class c channels!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Is your "sirbleedalot" neighbor actually talking to someone or is he just making noise?
If he's talking to someone, have you tried asking him to drop the amp, or lower his mic gain a bit? Now if he's the ch.6 ghetto rat type, then simply do your homework and find out all you can! I doubt he will like it if you continually call him by his full name, give out his address, phone, make of vehicle.....
Do you get my drift here?
This works, because he either stops his channel-ranting or everyone will know everything they need to know! ;)

n9zas

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Now that it's obvious the OP is a troll just looking to stir you up here are a few more pointless bits beginning with the one chuckle I overlooked the first time.

"...(and Golden Eagle with a 100 mfd. cap in the receive B+ for the "ping").....bleedover plus..."

Eh, that was a 20uF 450VDC cap that caused intense ear bleed, not "bleedover", that was the audio clipper (modulation limiter) without a filter. I can't remember how many Brownings I de-pinged at the customer's request at $20 a pop. "Oh, I can clean up that raspy tin can audio too but that'll be extra." A cheap and dirty low pass filter is only a resistor and a couple of caps but I didn't tell them just clipping a cap silenced the bird either. (;->) Moving right along...

"a guy about half mile from me bleeds me over all 40 channels, how do i stop it????"

A Cruise missile works wonders.

"This, in my view is why class c CB (remote control) doesn't work well. Nearby class D stations on adjacent channels seriously inhibit remote control ops."

Rather than quote all the errors I'll simply reveal the reason; if you put a big and heavy selective receiver in a boat it would sink, in a plane it would never get off the ground. The small, lightweight cheap and dirty receivers pick up every channel at once, nobody's transmitter is to blame. I'll make an exception for a serious bit of misinformation though...

"The reason that channels 24 and 25 are actually beween 22 and 23 is that there were originally class c channels!"

Nope, they were BRS (business radio service) channels we called 22A and 22B, then there were 23A, B, C and D. We called the Class C channels 3A, 7A, etc. and you think "freebanding" is something new? (;->)

Uh oh, I see a bad moon risin', I see trouble on the way.

"do your homework and find out all you can! I doubt he will like it if you continually call him by his full name, give out his address, phone, make of vehicle.....
Do you get my drift here?"

You'll get a drift alright if you don't do your homework before you do your homework. If he's a wimp go right ahead but be careful, I doubt YOU'LL like getting pounded by an 800lb gorilla. Then he may be a wimp with a .45 ACP so any way you look at it, it looks like a bad idea.

"Whatever doesn't kill you...will make you stronger"!
Whatever doesn't kill you...will make you regret it! There, looks better already.
(;->)

Status
Not open for further replies.