• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cb bleed over

Status
Not open for further replies.

handyman12

how can i stop my cb from bleeding the other channels in my base, do i need a better ground or filter.???

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Base what? CB, Scanner, Stereo??? More info is needed for a decisive answer.. But my kneejerk answer is antenna separation. And if it's a scanner, yes, a filter will help, I used to have one to keep my HF out of my scanner.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Get rid of the linyer and put the modulation control back to factory spec.

What exactly is a linyer? And how exactly does one work?

Oh, you must mean a Linear Amplifier.. Or in CB parlance a "Kicker."

Why do you automatically assume that because he has bleedover that he's running extra power? I've had bleedover into a scanner with a perfectly stock CB.

If you can't add something helpful, don't add at all. (Moderators might slap me for that, but I'm tired of this Billy Blue Better than you crap)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
What exactly is a linyer? And how exactly does one work?

Oh, you must mean a Linear Amplifier.. Or in CB parlance a "Kicker."

Why do you automatically assume that because he has bleedover that he's running extra power? I've had bleedover into a scanner with a perfectly stock CB.

If you can't add something helpful, don't add at all. (Moderators might slap me for that, but I'm tired of this Billy Blue Better than you crap)

No humor bone, huh?
I think he was being sarcastic,as I am here. :wink:

n9zas

OCO

Wat's a linyer?? :lol:

n9zas

Well, it's what most grounded grid "class C" tube amps are not when driven by AM..Met one of my best friends in the old days due to his D&A products (and Golden Eagle with a 100 mfd. cap in the receive B+ for the "ping").....bleedover plus...

gewecke

Banned
Well, it's what most grounded grid "class C" tube amps are not when driven by AM..Met one of my best friends in the old days due to his D&A products (and Golden Eagle with a 100 mfd. cap in the receive B+ for the "ping").....bleedover plus...

......NOT in this shack ! :twisted:

n9zas

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
No humor bone, huh?
I think he was being sarcastic,as I am here. :wink:

n9zas

Nope, not in this thread. I'd rather be helpful and try and teach someone something. As soon as someone posts a problem with an 11 meter rig people around here jump on the bashwagon.. Ohh He must have a linear...Must have the radio cranked up....blah blah blah..

Get all the info you can, be helpful, or stay the heck outta the thread.

And if anyone doesn't like my opinion, please feel free to block me.. I don't really care.

RadioDaze

Wat's a linyer?? :lol:

"Linyer" is only part of the whole phrase from which it derives: "Don't linyer tools out to yer neighbors, 'cause you ain't never gonna see 'em again."

Yeah, I know that wasn't helpful either, but until the OP comes back with some useful details, it's going to be a useless thread.

Last edited:

jhooten

n9mxq you are a piece of work. You jump on my *** because you assume that I was assuming. I'm sorry (not) that you cannot understand the intent and next time I will endeavor to make is easier for you by adding those useful aids for the emotionally crippled called emoticons or as you prolly call the smileys.

Yes I know how to spell it (and probably) had I been serious it would have been done correctly.

Get over yourself and stop giving people crap when you imagine they are doing exactly what you yourself are guilty of.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Flame away Jerry, I've been hit by worse than you since before there was internet. I stand by my values, If you can't add positively to a thread, stay out of it.

But go ahead and flame away, fire all you want at me and keep padding your post count if it makes you feel better. If you think you're upsetting me, and it makes you feel more powerful, then continue on.

jhooten

You are assuming again. Post count means nothing. It does bother you, deny all you want. Your posts say otherwise. If you think that was flame you have very thin skin. Don't dish it out if you cannot take it.

Welcome to the ignore list.

gewecke

Banned
Nope, not in this thread. I'd rather be helpful and try and teach someone something. As soon as someone posts a problem with an 11 meter rig people around here jump on the bashwagon.. Ohh He must have a linear...Must have the radio cranked up....blah blah blah..

Get all the info you can, be helpful, or stay the heck outta the thread.

And if anyone doesn't like my opinion, please feel free to block me.. I don't really care.

Wow, you really need to loosen your tie a bit dude! At this rate,you won't teach anyone anything.
Humor = The ability to joke and laugh lightheartedly ?? :lol:
Cb radio is a joke to begin with and has been since 1971 so lighten your load.

n9zas

PowerHouseCom

Wow, this thread reminds me of the local CB channels when I finally gave up on them many years ago. Just like old times!

Seems quieter around here now, been toying with the idea of stinging up my dipole again, now that the skip cycle is on it's way back up again. We'll see.

reedeb

Is the one legged butt kicking contest over with now?
nosy-neighbor.gif

To the OP please give out a tad more info. IF I understand it you are bleeding over channels when you transmit. If this is the case it may be too much power OR off frequency a bit. I would take it to a GOOD radio shop and hav them check it out and IF it is putting out over 4 watts get them to turn it down. It hould resolve any problems. If your'e using a linear [kicker] I would disconect it and try it barebones and see if you still bleeding over.

kb2vxa

Banned
Yup, just like old times! Reminds me of the "Meet me at ___ and I'll kick your a**!" and a few that GOT kicked, usually the big mouth that challenged the proverbial 800lb gorilla. I have an idea, how about a steel cage match? Put you guys in a cage where you can have a free for all no holds barred whoopin' and I'll stand on the sidelines awaiting the outcome. I should tell you first, the last man standing gets shot.

Seriously "gentlemen", have you noticed the OP quietly slipped away clucking his tongue and wagging his head?
"Welcome to the ignore list."
Nah, that takes all the fun out of reading this crap! (;->)

gewecke

Banned
I was listening one night, many moons ago, went out and got to witness one of these goody 2 shoes cb ops get their teeth handed to them,lol! I never saw so many plumber's butt types whale on this poor dude with a cowboy hat.
....All over a botched up chop job on a cb.

n9zas

LtDoc

Boil it all down just a bit. No matter if the output power is furnished by the PA section of the radio or an external amplifier, the results of a miss-adjusted relationship between carrier and applied modulation has the same results, a 'wider' than normal signal. It's a very common thought/attitude that "all knobs to the right" means louder. But that 'common thought/attitude' also means a lessening of quality, and not just 'louder'. If it's done right, the amount of power of the signal doesn't much matter, it shouldn't interfere with adjacent channels.
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.