CB forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
Alot of people still use CB's maybe have a CB forum?
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

The majority of the forums deal with communications monitoring.

If people are involved in CB , chances are they are transmitting rather than passively listening. Same analogy with Amateur Radio.
My guess is the forums will stick with radio monitoring.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Seems that CB stuff belongs in the HF forum for the reason that it falls within the HF band. I don't really see a reason for a cb/ham forum. There are plenty of places you can post in the current setup and get your questions answered.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Both an amateur and CB forum have been requested before. CB isn't going to happen. The demand isn't there for it. Regarding amateur, it won't happen either. There are plenty of amateur forums out there.

There are a significant amount of Marine listeners out there so it was justifiable.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Here's something I found:

The CB Radio Talk Forum - "You have found a Skipshooter's Paradise online. This forum is for all my fellow skipshooters, and to all the future duckpluckers to enjoy. From the CB to the PC, you won't find a bunch of nicer people on the net anywhere."

http://www.cbradiotalk.com/

I don't belong to it, am not affiliated with it, nor do I know anything more about it than what I copied and pasted above.

Hope this helps,

Rich

monitorman

That looks like a good site, 4500+ members and similar layout to RR, and although I REALLY DISLIKE all the stickies on RR maybe provide one for CB'ers saying "sorry although we dont have a need here for a CB forum but you can go to the cbradiotalk forum at www.cbradiotalk.com"
I suggest there be a forum for all the stickies to keep from clogging valuable space on the forums. Or what about a CB/Ham/FRS/GMRS/MURS/GMRS forum.

Here's something I found:

The CB Radio Talk Forum - "You have found a Skipshooter's Paradise online. This forum is for all my fellow skipshooters, and to all the future duckpluckers to enjoy. From the CB to the PC, you won't find a bunch of nicer people on the net anywhere."

http://www.cbradiotalk.com/

I don't belong to it, am not affiliated with it, nor do I know anything more about it than what I copied and pasted above.

Hope this helps,

Rich

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I suggest there be a forum for all the stickies to keep from clogging valuable space on the forums. Or what about a CB/Ham/FRS/GMRS/MURS/GMRS forum.
A majority of the people the Stickies are intended for don't read them. If we pushed them all in to one forum they would be read even less. Many of the Stickies are forum specific also.

There are worse forums where the first page of threads before scrolling is only Stickies. It could be worse.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There are worse forums where the first page of threads before scrolling is only Stickies. It could be worse.

:lol:

I went to a forum (non radio related) that had 16 of the first 20 posts set as stickies. I never went back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.