• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB General Radiotelephone Super MC 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaphank

Hope I'm posting correctly, Anyone out there that could help out by emailing me an owner's manual for a General Radiotelephone Super MC 9 ?? sure would appreciate it. w2dmw@optimum.net

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Welcome to Radio Reference!

I moved your post to the CB Radio forum for better visibility.

cmdrwill

Great radios, they were made in Burbank, California. I had a chance to visit the factory back in the early 70's.

JayMojave

Hello cmdrwill and All: Please do tell us about your visit to the factory.

I have to input this little story. As a creepy teenage (know it all) radio enthusiasts with lacking radio knowhow I burned up Dad's General Radiotelephone Super MC-11A Radio while hooking it up to a home made linear. The smoke poured out big time from the General Radio, Dad didn't get to mad, but he wasn't happy.

The linear put 6 Volts of filament voltage into the Super MC-11A Radio, from the coax and burned up a internal coax and a few parts inside the radio. Talking to the bench technician there at General radiotelephone, I hung on every word he said and he pointed out what went wrong and how to fix the linear so that it wouldn't blow it up again adding in a blocking capacitor.

I got to meet George Maragold and I believe Charles Messenger who had the building next door there on Burbank Blvd. The trip to the General Radiotelephone factory was great, they had about 20 ladies there in a separate room assembling Super MC-11A Radios. One of our local Tech's handle Panda Bear also worked there, he also gave my a talking too about blocking capacitors.

The group of CB'ers on CH15 in the Sunland and Tujunga and San Fernando areas used the General Radiotelephone Radios we called junkie generals.

Thanks Dad......

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.