Cb Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Hello.
I Have A Cb And I Hear Some Heavy Sound In The Background That Would Be About 8 Lbs. When I Turn My Heatpump Off, The Sound Stops. When I Mount The Antenna On My Chimney That Is Closer To The Pump Than It Is Now, How Could I Make It Stop? Fyi: The Antenna Is On The Deck Which Is Fifty Feet Away From The Heatpump And The Chimney Is About 15 Feet Away From The Heatpump.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how to help you twister but I can add that the CB band here is saturated with noise as well. I can't listen to it at all. I hear lots or vibrating motor like buzzing noises. Maybe it's my neighbor's heat pump, it's always worse when it's warm out. Even my cordless mouse makes a raspberry sound on Channel 38 and my wireless outdoor thermometer chirps in every 10 minutes. I'm hoping a roof mount antenna will clear it up some.

Don_Burke

Twister_2 said:
Hello.
I Have A Cb And I Hear Some Heavy Sound In The Background That Would Be About 8 Lbs. When I Turn My Heatpump Off, The Sound Stops. When I Mount The Antenna On My Chimney That Is Closer To The Pump Than It Is Now, How Could I Make It Stop? Fyi: The Antenna Is On The Deck Which Is Fifty Feet Away From The Heatpump And The Chimney Is About 15 Feet Away From The Heatpump.
I would try some filtering on the powerline at the heatpump first.

Status
Not open for further replies.