CB on SD-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick59349

Hello, I added the CB frequencies and space staion frequencies to scan on my SDS 100 but it just shows up with nothing to scan? Is a separate antenna required?

Nick

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
There is a section in your settings where you choose what Service Types you want to monitor. Be sure the appropriate Service Types are checked, as well as the Downloads/Monitor menu so that the scanner will load and monitor that list. Separate antennas are not required, but a better antenna is always recommended for good reception.

nick59349

There is a section in your settings where you choose what Service Types you want to monitor. Be sure the appropriate Service Types are checked, as well as the Downloads/Monitor menu so that the scanner will load and monitor that list. Separate antennas are not required, but a better antenna is always recommended for good reception.

Great! Thanks.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Remtronix is for 800mhz, CB is 27mhz. Extremely unlikely one antenna will cover both well.

Jonwienke posted this analysis before, comparing the Remtronix 800 VS the Diamond RH77CA. Lower is better. Dark is Remtronix, light is Diamond. Needless to say... it will be dreadful and near useless on CB unless a truck parks outside your window, perhaps.

rh77ca_remtronix800-png.90166

If you want to listen to CB, use a CB antenna. It may be more proactive to get a CB setup that does channel scanning and use the SDS100 for other things, but, use it how you please.

There was another topic on scanning CB with an SDS100 in this section recently if you search it.

nick59349

Jonwienke posted this analysis before, comparing the Remtronix 800 VS the Diamond RH77CA. Lower is better. Dark is Remtronix, light is Diamond. Needless to say... it will be dreadful and near useless on CB unless a truck parks outside your window, perhaps.

rh77ca_remtronix800-png.90166

If you want to listen to CB, use a CB antenna. It may be more proactive to get a CB setup that does channel scanning and use the SDS100 for other things, but, use it how you please.

There was another topic on scanning CB with an SDS100 in this section recently if you search it.

Thanks for the analysis. I just saw the option on sentinel and assumed it would work with the supplied or upgraded antenna.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hey that's a good sign if your 800 megahertz antenna is working on 11 meters, even though the stock antenna does stink it will work better on CB than the 800 megahertz antenna but the idea of getting a long metal whip is good.

See if you can get one that's 102 inches long LOL, just joking as that is the length of a quarter wave CB antenna. Just joking.

The remtronix antenna is going to give you absolute superior reception on 700-800 megahertz. I have had good results on short-range UHF also even though it is not tweaked for that. You will find the remtronix is not the optimal antenna for VHF high band and certainly is not good for VHF low-band or Citizens Band.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I pick up some CB with the Remtronix antenna. And a bit more with another unit that has a Comet BNC W100RX. But the best antenna so far for CB is my indoor discone. Outdoor would be better but I don't have the ability to mount external at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.