• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB shops in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am wondering if anyone would know of any places in Canada to peak and tune a radio.
Thanks

DX949

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I am wondering if anyone would know of any places in Canada to peak and tune a radio.
Thanks

Where in Canada do you live ?

GMP

I live just outside of Toronto. The only 2 places that sell radios that I am aware of are Radioworld and Durham radio. I would like to peak and tune my Galaxy CB but neither one will do it..

thomas724

try this place

Queensway CB
web pages
(905) 564-9784
(905) 564-9785 Fax
(800) 730-5335 Toll free
Address :
6965 Davand Dr
Mississauga, ON , L5T1

GMP

Queensway CB is out of business. They closed back in November and will not reopen as far as I know...

gewecke

Banned
You're better off leaving it stock,because you wouldn't gain much by letting some yokel stick their fingers in it. If you really want more power then buy a radio which is designed for it.
N9ZAS.

GMP

I agree with you gewecke. I will probably just leave it. Unfortuantly I made the mistake of buying a Galaxy which do not perform to specs unless they are peaked and tuned from what I have been told. I have a stock Cobra 29 that outperforms the galaxy on transmit and receive so I can only assume that a P@T is needed on the galaxy. Had I known this I would not have bought it.
Anyways thanks to all for the help and suggestions..

gewecke

Banned
The few extra watts they might squeeze out of it,and clipping the the limiting resistor,open clarifier etc. might seem like a good idea now,but it actually takes the radio out of specs.from what it's supposed to be.
The difference would not be worth the money spent.But I wish you luck at any rate.
73's.
N9ZAS.

n9emz

Cobra 29's a nice performer in stock form. Highly illegal, but a lot of folks are adding the EKL RFX-75 kit to them. We're talking significant power increase now.

n9emz

BC29RFX.JPG

120w2.JPG

Command30

I went into Radio World and got a recommendation of a gentlemen over in Richmond Hill area that is experienced with CBs.

Give me a PM if you would like his contact info, might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.