CB1 and CB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
No... EHS is not and will not be going Encrypted like the RCMP. They will be moving to digital with the new TMR 2 system but not until fall at the earliest. You should have no problem hearing these TGs

bcd396t

ehs digital

Has the ehs switched to digital yet in nova scotia I havent noticed them on there latley, an if so what would the new frequencies be ? I'm useing a bcd396xt

ty12122

Just curious, how do they make a switchover like that?
Send out 1000 tech's and try to get all the trucks reprogrammed at a certain time?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
They used what is called a SmartX Bridge. It ties the two systems together so they Tied CB 1 on TMR 1 to CB 1 on TMR 2. That way no matter what radio you used, you came across on both systems. This stayed like that for a couple of days while radio techs worked long hours re-programming radios on the fly. They did most of this on Thanksgiving weekend.

hfxChris

Database Admin
There was definitely a switch over though, in the early morning hours of I think Oct 11? Comms basically sent a message out over all of their TMR-1 talkgroups saying please switch to your TMR-2 radios at this time.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
In the days leading up to the Oct 11 moment they placed 2 new TMR 2 portables in each ambulance. When the "switch over" happened they simply went to the truck and got the 2 new portables and started using those and they put the old TMR 1 portables in the box, never to be seen or used again for EHS. Over the next 2 days the bell techs switched over all the main radios. All the talk groups were patched together until it was confirmed that every radio was changed over and ready to go.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Thats my understanding from Listening to them on Common 1 the 2 days after the switch over. Sounded like they were changing the trucks over and they would come on Common 1 and tell someone it was complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.