CBD Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

I was informed that federal communication was ENC on all scanners. As I scan my system has stopped on a Custom and border , it says Analog frequency 169.550000MHz. Federal What’s up ? Does anyone know ?

ecps92

YMMV - your mileage may vary.

Altho most Federal Law Enforcement agencies have moved to P25 [CLEAR and ENC] there still remains in
many of the [varies by agency] radios, ANALOG Channel [could be for local interop when needed, who knows]

The Federal Communications Commission does not control the Federal Radio spectrum
that is handled by the Department of Commerce and assigned to the NTIA

As to ENC, also YMMV [as I type this, listening to two FEDERAL Agencies on a SURV Op, waiting for the overcast/rain
to move away and they can get Aerial Surv up]

Please update your profile for your location, as 169.5500 is not exclusive to CBP and what was the PL/DPL or NAC you observed.

BTW - I will ask the MODS to move this to the FEDERAL forum as it has not much to do with the DATABASE
until someone makes a DB submission based on OTA observations to correct the older data.

I was informed that federal communication was ENC on all scanners. As I scan my system has stopped on a Custom and border , it says Analog frequency 169.550000MHz. Federal What’s up ? Does anyone know ?

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
It takes years for the Feds to roll out just about anything in a large agency. Computers, radios, etc. take time to go through RFP/RFQ. to selection and funding, manufacturing and shipping, to roll out and training. Don't forget that all the old stuff has to be returned to a central collection facility, inventoried, and then surplussed off.

I worked for a Federal agency that required every employee to update their photograph on their credentials every 5 years. One of my associates hadn't had a new photo in nearly 15 years from his initial date of hire, thanks to issues such as a lack of film, the transition from film to digital, software issues, timing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.