CBP Rio Grande Valley Sector (TX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
After checking the database, I noticed that there is an extensive listing of frequencies in Cameron County for CBP, but few are labeled in detail.

I'm planning on probably going down to the South Padre/Boca Chica area on my time off for the next SpaceX test flight. Could anyone indicate specifically which frequencies support operations for that portion of the Rio Grande Valley Sector? More specifically, Brownsville Station since that's the base responsible for the border area around SpaceX's test site?

Thanks!

billpritjr

I don't think CBP is "supporting" any Space X activity. You may hear some traffic on Marine VHF/boat channels, maybe some Coast Guard stuff.

CHHTX

Premium Subscriber

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't think CBP is "supporting" any Space X activity. You may hear some traffic on Marine VHF/boat channels, maybe some Coast Guard stuff.

They are not. However, if you look at the location of the Starship test site, and it's proximity to the border, you'd see why I'd also like to have CBP properly programmed.

CHHTX

Premium Subscriber
If you get anything from CBP, please message me. I was there last week, only about 5 miles from the border and never got anything. When I crossed over to Nuevo Progresso MX, I had the radio set for Close Call and never got anything intelligible. I'm sure they're encrypted but I didn't expect the SDS100 to activate on those signals. (I'm guessing that's what was triggered but it was silent most of the time.) The same thing happened outside of Falfurrias (here) and also at the one outside of Sarita (here). A couple of weeks ago when I was coming through the Sarita one, I saw dogs and officers swarm and quickly empty a car. It was not a good day for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.