CC 0? DMR Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Couple Questions:
Can a radio system use a color code of 0? Is this like CSQ for analogue? Or can CC 0 be used?
Do systems need to have a talk group programmed to work? Can the talk group be 0?
Or it must start at 1? Like normal P25 systems; the first talk group that could be programmed would be 1.

Thanks

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Can a radio system use a color code of 0? Is this like CSQ for analogue? Or can CC 0 be used?
Yes it can be used, it is not like CSQ on Digital.

Do systems need to have a talk group programmed to work? Can the talk group be 0?
Or it must start at 1? Like normal P25 systems; the first talk group that could be programmed would be 1.
As far as I am aware you need a talk group programmed in. That way it will communicate with another radio and the slots will be the same. Talkgroup 0 has never worked for me, always starts with 1.

nd5y

Can a radio system use a color code of 0?
Yes.
Is this like CSQ for analogue?
No. As far as I know DMR has no CSQ equivalent, but I could be wrong.
Do systems need to have a talk group programmed to work?
Yes.
Can the talk group be 0?
I don't know. I messed with AnyTone programming software several years ago and if I remember I could make a TG 0 but I don't know if it would actually work.

Thatsclear

Premium Subscriber
Thats great, I just started getting into DMR because my local municipality went DMR so thanks so much everyone for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.