CC display on P25 LSM systems (PSR-500)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone,

For some reason my PSR-500 does not show control channel info on the display screen and does not produce CCdump info when tuned to a new 800MHz P25 Phase 1 LSM control channel. The scanner display DG on the left side, but no WACN, NAC and other info on the bottom. The signal is 5 bars so it can't be weak signal causing the problem.

With the identical settings on the scanner I tried a older 380MHz military system, 800 Type II smartzone system, they all work fine with unitrunker and the radio sends ccdump data flawlessly.

any thoughts?

Jim41

Hey everyone,

For some reason my PSR-500 does not show control channel info on the display screen and does not produce CCdump info when tuned to a new 800MHz P25 Phase 1 LSM control channel. The scanner display DG on the left side, but no WACN, NAC and other info on the bottom. The signal is 5 bars so it can't be weak signal causing the problem.

With the identical settings on the scanner I tried a older 380MHz military system, 800 Type II smartzone system, they all work fine with unitrunker and the radio sends ccdump data flawlessly.

any thoughts?

Whjile scanning this trunked system press FUNC and TUNE. What is the decode rate (in %) that is displayed?

Is this a simulcast system? If so, your radio may be having problems decoding the control channel.

See this Wiki article: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

Jim41

Last edited:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I get 95% decode rate when pressed.

Yes the system is a 5 site simulcast system.

Jim41

I get 95% decode rate when pressed.

Yes the system is a 5 site simulcast system.

Since you are getting a 95% decode rate, I am at a loss to identify a reason for the behavior you are seeing. Maybe GRE Support could help.

Jim41

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Will open a ticket with GRE

Thanks Jim41

Status
Not open for further replies.