CC does not pick up dgital only analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtp

make sure

that the range you are trying to receive is not locked out.
when you are in close call only mode it will say close call on top and have 7 bars and numbers
they represent the bands that can be locked out or unlocked
1 is 25 to 54
2 is 54 to 108
3 is 108 to 137
4 is 137 to 225
5 is 225 to 320
6 is 320 to 512
7 is 758 to 1300
if there is a number then it is unlocked if there is an X it is locked out and you shoud not get anything in that band.
also there is a difference in reception range as the frequency changes
of course the other question is how do you know that you can't get something if you can't hear them?

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
My 396t and 996t doesn't decode P25 during CC. I was going to ask if there was a setting that could be changed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wtp

my own

i had my 396t less than a week and got a cc hit in sarasota fl p-25 and it was perfect.
i was about 50 feet away from a patrol car. i did not expect it to decode but it did/

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My 396t and 996t doesn't decode P25 during CC. I was going to ask if there was a setting that could be changed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
To expand a little on what mule1075 has already posted....

Make sure you don't have CTCSS/DCS set up as the default on Close Call. That causes the scanner to look for PL tone or DCS code, and only look at analog signals. Digitals are ignored. If you want to search for both analog, as well as digital hits with Close Call, under Search/Close Call Options (from the main Menu listing), be sure that Tone Search is set to Off. If you only want Digital, select P25 NAC Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.