CC2F Albany DGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

The RRDB shows this as a Type II system with Type II talkgroups.

I have had this as Type I. With the appropriate fleetmap (LLLLLLDD), DGS services are on subfleet 600-13 and all units along with the "Customer Service" base remain on that group.

If I change the type to Type II, units are not consistently within any particular talkgroup. This is generally a sign that they are operating in Type I mode, and the range of "talkgroups" can be used to calculate the size of the subfleet.

However, I never see any of the other subfleets (the 700- series) any more, although they used to be quite active. Can anyone clarify (officially?) the current configuration of this system?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Dave,

I posted on this a while back. I cannot seem to monitor them the "old way" anymore. I'll give it a good listen again. I don't think many people pay too much attention to that system. Maybe they made some changes? Confusing stuff for sure. If you Google it you can see some of the older posts dating back as far as 2008-09.

Guess it is time to take a closer look.

Joe

D

DaveNF2G

Yes, it was discussed way back then. Something has changed within the past year or so.

I also see a lot of malfunction messages on the system when I use Trunker.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Dave,

Checking FCC database, nothing remarkable. However, using one of the older scanners in "conventional mode with the existing known frequencies, I seem to get DGS and another department on 859.9375 and 858.9375. Sounds like DGS and Water Department. Could there be a new control channel somewhere? The old "Interac" data bursts is there too. A bit of a mystery right now. Will have to listen more.

Joe

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Albany CC @f

Yes indeed and there are more as we know. I wonder if they have a problem and don't realize it? Doesn't make too much sense. I will get trunktracker on here today and see what I get from my location too.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.