CCOM Law 1,2,3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blake23

Just wondering if there is a certain breakdown of who/what uses Law 1 and Law 2. It sounds like Law 3 is used for admin/records checks by various agencies, but would like confirmation.

Thanks

mh34444

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is Law 1 is county wide dispatch from sometime in the wee hours of the morning until around 3 or 4 pm, at the same time Law 2 is for records checks. After that 3 or 4pm time, Law 1 becomes the dispatch channel for the centralized, call it urban, areas (CCSO-Clackamas, CCSO-Mcloughlin, CCSO-Happy Valley, Oregon City, Gladstone and maybe some others in the core area. Law 2 becomes the outlying dispatch channel (CCSO-East County, CCSO-South County, CCSO-Wilsonville, Canby, Sandy, Molalla). Law 3 opens as the records channel.

SCPD

QRT
You are mostly correct.

Net 1 is Inlying dispatch
Net 2 is Outlying dispatch
Net 3 only appears to be active during the evening for records checks.

During the day, Net 1 and 2 are both used for dispatch and records checks.

I've noticed also that Tac 1 appears to be car-to-car transmission for Net 1 cars, and Tac 2 is for the Net 2 channels. Anyone else making that distinction?

Something interesting with Net 1 and 2 though.. Oregon City switches back and fourth. They are on Net 1 during the day, and Net 2 at night. I'm not sure if any other agencies do this or not.

Baker845

They also sometimes use, Net 3 for car to car, but that seems to be when the units are up in the Mt. Hood area on the VHF repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.