CCrane FM2 FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any experience with the CCrane FM2 FM transmitter? The FM2 is suppose to be the new and improved model. I'm thinking using it to transmit the audio from a scanner radio to a nearby (about 30 feet) FM portable radio. CCrand claims the range is up to 45 feet with excellent fidelity. I keep my scanner in my office, so this setup would allow me to listen to it in my living room.

Digital FM Transmitter 2 for Sending Near Broadcast Quality

C.Crane Power Modification
Note: This modification is for technical information only. Performing any modification to increase power output would be in violation of FCC laws.

Note: If you have the newer FM2 model the adjustment is opposite of the earlie model and the control is rotated to the left to increase the signal level, not to the right.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I have one. It has decent audio quality but the output power is certainly part 15 compliant, as you'll be doing good to get 30 feet of full quieting signal into a receiver with it.

The Whole House FM transmitter is a much better choice and lives up to it's name as coverage for your whole house. It is part 15 compliant, can be switched to mono (recommended for your application), and can run off USB or batteries unlike the C-crane. If you can find one, grab it. Looks like their on back order until May.

Status
Not open for further replies.