CCSO - Harris Dynamically Changing P25-I/P25-II System On Motorola

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am a resident of Lee County - which is mostly encrypted. I recently found out I am within range of a neighboring county, Charlotte County, and their communications are 100% unencrypted.

The issue? They are on a Harris Dynamically Changing P25-I/P25-II system.

Is this something that could be programmed into a Motorola APX? I am a little foggy on this, as I do not have much experience with Harris systems.
Thank you!

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
From my rather limited technical knowledge of modern day system architecture, the short answer is yes, an APX will work on these systems. If I understand this correctly, all the "dynamically changing" means is that if a non-P25-II radio keys up a talkgroup, that TG "reverts" to FDMA operation. Since most (all?) TDMA capable radios are capable of P25-I (FDMA) operation, this allows older non-P25-II radios (e.g., XTS5000s) to function on the system.

on another note, I would very much appreciate input on the multiple 800 systems that are on the Lee Co RR dB page - like which ones are still active, etc. - "Lee County Govt 1, 2 and 3", etc. -- there are SIX "local government" listings....

thx

Last edited:

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
on another note, I would very much appreciate input on the multiple 800 systems that are on the Lee Co RR dB page - like which ones are still active, etc. - "Lee County Govt 1, 2 and 3", etc. -- there are SIX "local government" listings....

Thanks for your reply and insight on this. In regards to Lee County's active systems (that are on the RR DB), Lee County Govt 1, 2, and 3 are all Analog systems and have not been in use for (what I presume is) at least a decade or so. IIRC, Lee County switched to digital systems around 2011-2012. Don't even bother looking at those.

For Lee County P25-2, for the most part these systems are in use. FSWPD and FGCUPD are both fully encrypted (from what I can assume, as they have no radio traffic whatsoever) and the information on the database (regarding these two depts) is reflecting an old system. Lee County Animal Services and Lee County Public Works are assumingly out of date and reflecting an old system as well, as there is absolutely no traffic on any of those TGs.

The ones I listen to (as they are the only ones active) are Lee County Fire/EMS, Cape Coral FD, LeeTran, and the hospital tactical channels (which are ambo-to-facility). I cannot speak for Lee County Charter Schools, as that is the only zone/TGs I haven't tested yet - and as you can assume, there isn't a very good way to test out RSW Fire/Rescue as there are not in-flight emergencies occurring every few minutes.

For Lee County Public Safety, as mentioned before in regards to Lee Gov 1-3, is reflecting an outdated Analog system that has not been in use for a very long time. You can easily confirm this, as the hospital tactical channels are using facility names that haven't been used for 15+ years. (example: Gulf Coast Hospital and Southwest Hospital merged into 'Gulf Coast Medical Center' around 2005ish. Health Park hospital was also renamed to 'Health Park Medical Center' around the same time.)

1682895996252.png

I can verify that none of these channels ('Lee County Public Safety') are patched with the current system.

For Lee County Public Safety (P25), this entire database is reflecting an outdated digital system (P25-I) that was later replaced by the now-in-use P25-II system. I cannot personally verify a patch between these systems, but it's pretty clear that it isn't in use from the LCSO talkgroups being presented as unencrypted. Keep in mind, thanks to the constant hate against scanners in Florida, all law enforcement communications within Lee County are fully encrypted, most of which under Florida SLERS. So unless you get a rush from listening to FD or Public Transportation, I would suggest listening to Charlotte County. As of 2021-2022 (which is the last update on CCSO LE talkgroups), they are fully unencrypted and you can listen to them from anywhere within Cape Coral/South Fort Myers and above. You can always look at the "range-bubble" of their simulcast towers through the DB aswell. Keep in mind, I cannot personally verify whether or not these are actually unencrypted or not.. so good luck!

1682896502538.png

Hope this helps!

batdude

I would appreciate it if you would submit the above info in a dB update/change for Lee County.

LarryVavrek

I have attached all the P-25-2 talk groups for the digital system. All LEO are encrypted that I have tested with in my favorites. I appears all. FD, EMS, Hospital, Buses, garbage trucks, water department and schools are in the clear. I’m still searching the TG’s

Larry

Attachments

• PRR_W014640-040622.pdf
    218.2 KB · Views: 31

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
I have attached all the P-25-2 talk groups for the digital system. All LEO are encrypted that I have tested with in my favorites. I appears all. FD, EMS, Hospital, Buses, garbage trucks, water department and schools are in the clear. I’m still searching the TG’s

Larry

CCSO comms are encrypted? I'm catching them both on Broadcastify and thru an SDR dongle..

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber

Larry

Hey Larry! Love this list!

It is a little hard to differentiate between what agency each TG belongs to.. and I'm assuming there is no LE in here?

Can you confirm they all work? I certainly love the list and I am eager to program it in.. but it looks like there are some LCSO/CCPD TGs in here (CCPD TYT and CORE/CORE TAC).. are these exempt from the DE?

Speak soon, and thanks!

LarryVavrek

Hey Larry! Love this list!

It is a little hard to differentiate between what agency each TG belongs to.. and I'm assuming there is no LE in here?

Can you confirm they all work? I certainly love the list and I am eager to program it in.. but it looks like there are some LCSO/CCPD TGs in here (CCPD TYT and CORE/CORE TAC).. are these exempt from the DE?

Speak soon, and thanks!
80020310 CCPD ADMIN 80020306 CCPD T-1 80020307 CCPD T-2 80020308 CCPD T-3 80020303 CCPD TTY-1 80020304 CCPD TTY-2 80020305 CCPD TTY-3 80020300 CCPD-1 80020301 CCPD-2 80020302 CCPD-3

These are all Cape Coral PD. All are encrypted. The Highlighted ones that I had were for the Lee Co SO Primary district TG’s all are encrypted also. My finding indicate all LE are encrypted so far.

Larryt

junior71

While we’re discussing this region, does anybody have the band plan for Charolette County Harris system? Base frequency and step is 6.25 or 12.5. Each Harris system is different I’ve never ran into the same band plan.

batdude

While we’re discussing this region, does anybody have the band plan for Charolette County Harris system? Base frequency and step is 6.25 or 12.5. Each Harris system is different I’ve never ran into the same band plan.

batdude

Thank you sir. Been checking haven’t saw that yet.
> I just added it. PLEASE NOTE: The RR dB shows band plans as 1-16 --- which AFAIK, both Motorola and Harris use in their programming software --- DSD+ however, will list these band plans as "0-15"

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
> I just added it. PLEASE NOTE: The RR dB shows band plans as 0-15, as this is how they appear in the P25 data stream. AFAIK, both Motorola and Harris use 1-16, and software decoders like DSD+ also use "0-15"
You've got that backwards. The RRDB catalogs the band plan elements as 1-16, which is also how most radio programming software lists each element. Most of the decoding software (DSD+, Unitrunker, etc.) displays them as 0-15.

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber
80020310 CCPD ADMIN 80020306 CCPD T-1 80020307 CCPD T-2 80020308 CCPD T-3 80020303 CCPD TTY-1 80020304 CCPD TTY-2 80020305 CCPD TTY-3 80020300 CCPD-1 80020301 CCPD-2 80020302 CCPD-3

These are all Cape Coral PD. All are encrypted. The Highlighted ones that I had were for the Lee Co SO Primary district TG’s all are encrypted also. My finding indicate all LE are encrypted so far.

Larryt
Looks like our first LCSO talkgroup has been added to the P25-II system.. LCSO Courts talkgroup! It was added recently.. under 'De' partial encryption. I hope it lives up to its name!

swfluncensored

Premium Subscriber

Larryt
Been getting some mixed findings.. is LE (FMPD, CCPD, UPD, FSWPD, APD, LCPA, and LCSO) all fully encrypted (DE), as in all radios, mobile, base, and handheld are encrypted? Or is it partially encrypted (De) and some traffic can be heard?

If it is De, do you know which departments are full DE and which are just De? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: