CDC Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just curious

Does CDC use any Nationwide frequencies or if they have any frequencies would they be primarily building security?

Just asking because I work too close to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas where the first case of Ebola in the USA is being treated.

Thanks

bailly2

i don't see any radio usage in the field on radioreference, and they don't have their own nac. might be using pocsag or flex

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Those were the first treated in the US but Texas is the first diagnosed here.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I think we've been down this path before:

The Fed Files Blog: Swine Flu Frequencies?

Not sure if they would be bringing any radios with them or not…

- Chris

Just curious

Does CDC use any Nationwide frequencies or if they have any frequencies would they be primarily building security?

Just asking because I work too close to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas where the first case of Ebola in the USA is being treated.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Chris - forgot about MT Fed Files entirely.

I agree that there would probably be no traffic by CDC over this, however 19 CDC members flew into D/FW or will be arriving tomorrow to tour the neighborhood the infected person was in when he developed symptoms. Local news is guessing about 20 people (Which are not under quarantine at this time). But I'd bet for certain that Texas Health Presbyterian Security channels might get interesting. (Those can be found HERE) Panic is already stirring in Dallas so other Fed Frequencies might light up soon. I was considering wearing a Haz-Mat suit and sitting by the Hospital with Close Call on - But Nah!

Anyways, thanks for the link and replies.

ecps92

NAC's are not exclusive to an agency.

It is a helpful indicator that SOME agencies standardized their use of certain NAC's but to rely on a NAC would be very inconclusive

i don't see any radio usage in the field on radioreference, and they don't have their own nac. might be using pocsag or flex

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
Here in FL the company I work for has been ripping out XTS convertacom from a fleet CDC vehicles. There are no new radios going back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.