CDCR Frequency 155.505

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Im sure you guys know this already but i was curious to since i saw a lot of new licence data for 155.5050 mhz i figured vhf high was for transportation unit to unit, but dont they still use CHP lowband too? when transporting for mutual aid? I now and then see those huge buses with small round state seal on green paint scheme, then white sedans with odd looking logo on door come through nevada going north maybe to susanville?

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies
CSP Sacramento/Folsom SP Sacramento 700 mhz system

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Im sure you guys know this already but i was curious to since i saw a lot of new licence data for 155.5050 mhz i figured vhf high was for transportation unit to unit, but dont they still use CHP lowband too? when transporting for mutual aid? I now and then see those huge buses with small round state seal on green paint scheme, then white sedans with odd looking logo on door come through nevada going north maybe to susanville?

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies
CSP Sacramento/Folsom SP Sacramento 700 mhz system

Oh boy, here is a Calif. question I can cast light on! 155.505 is a CDCR frequency used by their officers at CDF conservation camps or inmate camps if that sounds better. It is a tactical used by those officers so they don't tie up CDF channels. The son of an old college classmate of mine works for CDF at a camp. This freq. was passed on to me a year or two ago. I don't get over to CA often enough to confirm, but this came from a horses mouth. I haven't heard from that person since then so I assume that is what it is being used for.

I'm up in the middle of the night with insomnia and I know it because of the Cubbies winning the series. If a game can keep you up it was this one. A sportscaster made a mistake in discussing the win by saying that there were only 48 states when the Cubs last won the world series. Wrong, my home state of Arizona was not a state the last time the Cubs won it! Try 46 states last time they won! I digress.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Oh boy, here is a Calif. question I can cast light on! 155.505 is a CDCR frequency used by their officers at CDF conservation camps or inmate camps if that sounds better. It is a tactical used by those officers so they don't tie up CDF channels. The son of an old college classmate of mine works for CDF at a camp. This freq. was passed on to me a year or two ago. I don't get over to CA often enough to confirm, but this came from a horses mouth. I haven't heard from that person since then so I assume that is what it is being used for.

So it sounds like it's used by the fire crews mainly rather than camp operations correct?

kma371

QRT
And I moved this to its own thread since it really had nothing to do with the original topic.

SCPD

QRT
So it sounds like it's used by the fire crews mainly rather than camp operations correct?

I got this second hand about 2 years ago so I can't confirm this. Obviously, I can't monitor it either. This is not a "fire crew" channel, it is used by the small force of corrections officers stationed at each CDF camp. Unless a crew captain needed to contact a corrections officer CDF does not use the frequency. So it is a correction officer to officer frequency. I took a brief look at the FCC licenses for the frequency. About half of the licenses are located at CDCR/CDF conservation camps, maybe more. Not all of the conservation camp locations are licensed, but there's a statewide mobile license. Most of these licenses were issued in 2012. The other half consist of locations at some state prison facilities and some state universities. At the universities references to medical centers is mentioned. So it looks like what I heard is not the complete picture, but the partial situation I heard about might be the case.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
I understand it's not a CALFIRE frequency , what I mean is, is it used by CDCR to coordinate it's inmate fire crews on scene?

Each prison camp has its own system anyhow, and those aren't run on this single frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.