CDE / CDR antenna rotor control box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean_kd4adv

Name here is Sean, KD4ADV (General)

I have a CDE/CDR Control box and my needle has stopped moving to indicate the direction that the 2 antennas on the mast are pointing.

I have to get up and look out the window, or look at the signal meter on the rig to indicate whether the signal is getting stronger.

I am unable to work on the inerts of the box.

The connections on the rotor and the box are secure.

The lamp always blows out whenever I replace it.

I bought it used along with a HF5B "Butternut" antenna and a 2m VHF beam back in 2005.

I would like to get another control box that has 8 terminal connectors.

Before I go out and buy another control box, Is there a compatibility concern about using antenna rotor control boxes with rotors? (i.e. name brand?)

Reminder - ***Frostfest 2014 is coming up on Feb 1, 2014 in Richmond, VA at the State Fairgrounds complex.*** Sponsored by R.A.T.S. of Richmond, VA Talk-In will be on the 146.880 / 146.280 (input) Repeater with a 74.4 Hz PL tone.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
"The lamp always blows out whenever I replace it". -- Just a guess here but something happened to the voltage supplying the lamp. This same voltage may also supply the direction meter possibly burning it out as well. See if you can Google a schematic for the box. It might be just a voltage regulator.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.