• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM 1250 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

piper451

I'm hoping someone can help me with an elusive problem I'm having with a CDM 1250. I have programmed the 25w uhf CDM to access a local GMRS repeater. The radio is installed in my vehicle. The repeater uses DPL tones for tx and rx. When I am within range of the repeater and I transmit, I get no audio out of the repeater. UNTIL I unkey the microphone - then I get a squelch tail from the repeater. I have no problems accessing the repeater with my HT. I am certain there is nothing physically wrong with the CDM, so I am left with a setting somewhere in the programming that must be incorrect. I don't want to arbitrarily start changing settings. Can someone please point me in the right direction. THANK YOU !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piper451

Yes. Nothing coming out of the ht when I tx with the cdm. But if I tx with the ht, repeater opens and I can hear myself in the CDM.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping someone can help me with an elusive problem I'm having with a CDM 1250. I have programmed the 25w uhf CDM to access a local GMRS repeater. The radio is installed in my vehicle. The repeater uses DPL tones for tx and rx. When I am within range of the repeater and I transmit, I get no audio out of the repeater. UNTIL I unkey the microphone - then I get a squelch tail from the repeater. I have no problems accessing the repeater with my HT. I am certain there is nothing physically wrong with the CDM, so I am left with a setting somewhere in the programming that must be incorrect. I don't want to arbitrarily start changing settings. Can someone please point me in the right direction. THANK YOU !!

PM coming your way with my email address. I would like to see both codeplugs.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Most likely Pretty normal, the term is desense. The off frequency energy(from the CDM transmitting @ 467.xxxx) is desensitizing the portable receiver, and it is unable to hear the repeater, due to the much weaker signal on 462.xxxx.

If you can get someone else to transmit, get about 100' away and have them transmit on the CDM.

KF5QIW

Let me know if that works because I am having the same problem with a CDM1250 VHF and our local 2 meter repeaters.
Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Same thought

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Most likely Pretty normal, the term is desense. The off frequency energy(from the CDM transmitting @ 467.xxxx) is desensitizing the portable receiver, and it is unable to hear the repeater, due to the much weaker signal on 462.xxxx.

If you can get someone else to transmit, get about 100' away and have them transmit on the CDM.

Same thought I had.
I've had good luck with taking the antenna off the HT (or both) for an audio check. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Same thought I had.

I've had good luck with taking the antenna off the HT (or both) for an audio check. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

Yea he states he hears nothing from the portable until he un-keys the mobile. Probably just desensing the portable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crazyboy

MY first thought is desense as well. Is there anyone else you can have listen for you? If you talk on the cdm on a simplex channel does the audio go over?

KF5QIW

Still having the same problem.

I finally got a chance to play with the CDM1250 again. I'm still having the same problem. I did have someone across town listen to the repeater and he reports the same thing that I am hearing (nothing while I am talking and then he says it sounds like someone kerchunked the repeater). This radio works great on simplex, I would really like to get it working on the repeaters. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
KF5QIW

com501

Did you ever post your codeplug? Is this your GMRS repeater or someone else's? Are they perhaps using some additional signalling format to authorize users such as DTMF or MDC?

Have you read the HT and matched all the settings including DPL polarity? This sounds like a community repeater tone panel operating in the 'Reserved Unauthorized' mode. Is the DPL you are using the same one your HT is working on? Is DPL programmed on receive of your HT, and if so, can your CDM IN SIMPLEX with DPL on TX and RX talk to the HT? If not, then there is a problem with the radio or programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.