• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM 1250/QUICK CALL clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be programming a CDM 1250 as a station alerting device for an old friend of mine. From what I can remember, the 1250 will support decoding of up to 5 different quick call tones. Meaning I can set it up for 5 separate alerts. Let's say we would want the house bells, engine calls, tanker calls, ambulance calls and house siren to all be separate alerts. That's just an example. Is what I remember correct?

My other question is in respect to the accessory pins. I remember there being an analog and digital output option. I would want the analog which differentiates the alerts by specific voltage of one specific pin correct? Or is the specific alert determined by a separate individual pins?

Thanks for any help

kb4mdz

Let me see if I get this right; you want individual calls to do individual pins?

eg: Call "A"; outputs to Pin Z, which turns on bells,
Call "B" outputs to Pin Y, which turns on lights,
Call "C" outputs to Pin X, which turns on a buzzer, indicating it's an ambulance call,
etc.,
etc.
Right?

I don't think you can do individual alerts to individual pins on the CDM1250 series for QCII pageouts. But that's just based on what I've been recently working on; simple, single-pin Alert Output which in our case turns on the trip-lights in the dorms & the engine bay. I'll have to look deeper in the options of the QCII decoding & accessory pins.

Until I clear that up, what I think you're looking at is either A) One radio, receive audio feeding multiple two-tone decoders in parallel, or B) Multiple radios, all off a common antenna, each with a QCII set, and a single output to a single device.

That being said, I do remember something about the CDM's that they can have up to 2 individual pins activate on MDC1200 alerts; but that's a big kettle o' fish. Again, more research on my part.

And yes, some pins are Digital, and some are Analog; you can check out batlabs:
HT750/1250/1550/PRO5150/7150/9150/GP320/340/360/380/ GP318/338/GP640/680/1280/CDM750/CDM1250/CDM1550,etc.,

about 2/3 the way down, under Mobile, it gives the pins & type of I/O.

I'll look into it & get back with you.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Hey fellas, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

I guess basically what I’m asking is if the CMD1250 will do 5 alerts? I always thought it would support up to 5.
The other question is: Those alerts are sent out on one pin at different voltages?

This using quick call tones of coarse.

Last edited:

WB0VHB

The CDM1250 might be able to decode 5 different cap codes but not apply a different voltage for each cap code. They would all be the same.

That is why I thought the Motron unit would be ideal except it only does 4 instead of 5. It would allow different relays to close on each of your different cap codes. Those relays could be tied to a different tone generator or even a pre-recorded voice announcement defining each paging tone.

Hey fellas, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

I guess basically what I’m asking is if the CMD1250 will do 5 alerts? I always thought it would support up to 5.
The other question is: Those alerts are sent out on one pin at different voltages?

This using quick call tones of coarse.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so how bout using separate pins for each thing being alerted? I would like to stay away from using additional equipment if at all possible. The MOTRON looks fairly simple however is it specific for DTMF only? I would need something for Quick Call. Again, I want to try and use the radio and it's options first before adding anything on. If that's possible of coarse.

Oh and BTW, I did look on batlabs prior to my original post.
Many thanks

Last edited:

WB0VHB

But which separate pins? External alarm is only available on Pin 4. I don't see where any of the other pins can be programmed for an external alarm. I also don't see anywhere in software that allows you to steer a decoded output from a particular decoded cap code to a specific pin(s). There isn't any feature that allows a different voltage to be sent from Pin 4 for a particular cap code either.

The Motron AK-424 is two-tone sequential decoder (paging tones, Quick Call) I didn't see any thing about it doing DTMF.

Randy

Ok, so how bout using separate pins for each thing being alerted? I would like to stay away from using additional equipment if at all possible. The MOTRON looks fairly simple however is it specific for DTMF only? I would need something for Quick Call. Again, I want to try and use the radio and it's options first before adding anything on. If that's possible of coarse.

Oh and BTW, I did look on batlabs prior to my original post.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.