• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM "Radio Disabled"

Status
Not open for further replies.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Where can I send this to be fixed, better yet, how can I do it myself. The Centracom that would've been able to un-stun this is long gone.

K2NEC

Those radios are long EOL and I doubt any shop is gonna fix them for you (Motorola will tell you to kick bricks). You might be able to fix it with a software not discussed on here but even that isn't guaranteed. Forcing a codeplug into the radio might be worth a shot too.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I don't see what the big deal is.

For what it would cost for an estimate to fix a CDM, you could buy three used ones, certainly on eBay. And if you were to actually buy three of them (which I doubt), two of the three would probably be in good shape to great shape, and at least one seller would probably offer to program it for you.

tdeater

It's a long shot, but I recall from many many years ago, if the CDM radio had a passport card installed in it and it was not on a system or miss-configured, it would show as disabled. If you can read the radio with the software and look at the channels, make sure that use option card is not checked. There might be some other options that need to be looked at, but I can't remember now it's been so long. Of course it could of been disabled trough MDC or something else too.

a417

U+0000
It's a long shot, but I recall from many many years ago, if the CDM radio had a passport card installed in it and it was not on a system or miss-configured, it would show as disabled. If you can read the radio with the software and look at the channels, make sure that use option card is not checked. There might be some other options that need to be looked at, but I can't remember now it's been so long. Of course it could of been disabled trough MDC or something else too.
Been a while, too.. but @tdeater 's post jostled some neurons about.

If a radio was disabled via a Passport system, didn't it say STUNNED? I can't remember ever seeing one of our Passport (or LTR) units ever saying the Radio Disabled. the OP's error code might be from MDC Selective Inhibit? Then again, we had a mixed moto/kenwood TK system and I might be confusing the error messages.

I don't know...looooong time ago.

a417

U+0000
I believe the CDM radios actually said "Radio Disabled" after getting the MDC Command.
That's what I thought, and the Passport command was STUNNED on the TK380s (probably the same as the CDM/HT screen)

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure this was a MDC command. The puzzeling part with this is there was NO MDC command sent. I remember when this happened we reviewed the eventide and there was no traffic that resembled MDC aside from normal pre or post ambles from the portables/mobiles. For the price I can just toss this but have a project in mind so I would prefer to fix if ease. Forcing code plugs into it didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.