• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM1250 to 3.5 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
Hello, anyone have any ideas on how I could get an 3.5 mm aux cord to output out of a CDM 1250? I’m trying to setup the two tone paging system with I am responding for my fire dept without running a new antenna for a scanner that already has a 3.5mm connection.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hello, anyone have any ideas on how I could get an 3.5 mm aux cord to output out of a CDM 1250? I’m trying to setup the two tone paging system with I am responding for my fire dept without running a new antenna for a scanner that already has a 3.5mm connection.

On the rear 20 pin connector:
Pin 11 = Flat RX audio
Pin 7 = Ground

You can go on E-Bay and buy the pre-made connector, as above, or buy the 16 or 20 pin connector and roll your own.
MRE1032 on E-bay makes good stuff. You won't go wrong with that.

cmdrwill

Reminder: The speaker audio output on these CDM radios can not be grounded, or you WILL blow out that little audio PA chip.

What you need is Filtered audio and that goes to the PA amplifier. The listed 'adapter' has a audio isolation transformer.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
One of these
So I finally got it all connected today, but it seems it's constantly playing static is there anyway to adjust the squelch?

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
Since it's been a few days and I have no replies.....

@SteveC0625 I see you have some threads related to this.....Any ideas? I've played around with the Code Plug and nothing seems to change it

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
It's been a while...but I have used that same adapter for recording output and it did not have unsquelched output that you are experiencing.
Perhaps in CPS, Radio Configuration, Accessory Configuration tab, try setting "RX Audio Type" to "Filtered Audio" if it's currently set to Flat.

cmdrwill

setting "RX Audio Type" to "Filtered Audio"

Filtered Audio is the receiver audio that is demphasized and squelched.
That is the same as the receiver audio before the volume control.

That IS the setting you need. That IS in the CDM programming software.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
It's been a while...but I have used that same adapter for recording output and it did not have unsquelched output that you are experiencing.
Perhaps in CPS, Radio Configuration, Accessory Configuration tab, try setting "RX Audio Type" to "Filtered Audio" if it's currently set to Flat.
Yeah I tried that and was hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. I order a new cable, I'm starting to think the one I got was bad

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
There should be an option for "Squelched" and "Unsquleched" audio in addition to the Flat and Filtered option. I have used that cable and another before and Flat with Squelch is what worked best.

a417

Make sure frequency and Squelch type (PL/DPL) are correct in the Basic tab. Tab over to Options, and look for the Unmute/Mute Rule below, and adjust based on what you need. I usually used "And Unmuting, Or muting" which will open the audio path with carrier on freq & PL/DPL (set in Basic tab prior), and then close it with drop of either carrier or loss of PL/DPL.

WR9A

Feed Provider
In addition to setting the RX Audio Type to Filtered Squelch (or Flat Squelch), you'll also need to set the individual conventional channel(s) you wish to monitor to the proper Squelch Type (e.g., CSQ, TPL, DPL). You'll find the Squelch Type in the RX Settings for each conventional channel you program.

Status
Not open for further replies.