• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM1250 Wont Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a UHF CDM1250. This thing worked fine when I plugged it in to turn it on, etc. Well, I finally decided to program it, so I read the original codeplug from the radio. The ONLY thing I changed was that I added new channels to it. No changes in radio configuration, etc. When I wrote the data back to the radio, the radio shut off. It took forever to get it to turn back on. I placed jumper wires on #7 and #9, only managing to get it to randomly turn on now. The fuse is good, it just turns on sometimes. You can press the button a million times and NOTHING, then all of a sudden you push it and it comes on. Any help will be greatly appreciated. OH, I did manage to turn it back on once and under "radio config" I changed the ignition sense to DISABLED. It was under "on/off & ignition".

MPFD535

I have had that happen a few times on those, I always save the codeplug before I change anything, normally if you dump the old code plug in it goes back to normal. Then start over and try again, that has always worked for me

That's the problem LOL. I can't get it to turn on now to write anything back to it. I do still have the original codeplug, but I can't get it to turn on except when it wants to.

Josh

Sounds like a bad flex.

agreed.

If you have a second radio, do some troubleshooting by swapping the control head flex cable.

It sounds bizarre, but that was the solution to my exact same problem some a few months ago. The radio I have never gets moved from its base mounting so idk how it could have gone bad.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
hmmm thats weird that it was fine until you wrote to the unit. Mine was always a little touchy but it got worse when i opened up the head to clean the display and keypad. Now it only will turn on if the on/off / volume button is positioned at 2 o'clock and you gotta really push hard. Same thing to turn it off - it must be in the same position. The volume portion of the switch still works like new though.

Dunno if something went in your switch but just a thought. There is a contact plate right under the switch - maybe it's dirty? Still doesn't explain why it worked fine prior to reading/writing.

ooh Motorola...

Status
Not open for further replies.