• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM1550 Programming Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

So I'm looking for more things to trouble shoot here. I just purchased a CDM 1550 off of ebay. When I power the radio on it says unprogrammed with a constant tone playing. When I go to program it, the software can't find the radio, but the right com port is showing up. I tested programming my CDM 750 in the same exact way and it works fine. I thought maybe the jack on the front of the radio was bad, but when I plug in the microphone for it, all of the buttons light up and it appears to function. Any ideas??????

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Does this radio have the remote head kit on it?
I've had trouble with some radios not liking to be programmed with the remote head kit attached. Solution would be to remove the remote head kit, or try programming via the rear 20 pin connector.

If it's not remote head, I'd probably remove the control head and make sure the last owner reconnected the flex cable all the way. A bad/loose connection on the flex will mess things up.

With e-Bay radios, you never know...

K2NEC

Couldn't he also program via the brick? Plug the programming cable where the cable for the remote head would go

danielbts11

W2DJB
Premium Subscriber
So I got it to work read the radio- it didn't have a remote head kit, but I did pop the normal head and reattach the ribbon cable and didn't have luck my first few tries but then it started to work.

While everyone is here...I'm having trouble doing the drag and drop method to transfer data from my 1250 code plug to the 1550. I can't get it to work at all, I got it to work a long time ago and I can't remember the process.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
While everyone is here...I'm having trouble doing the drag and drop method to transfer data from my 1250 code plug to the 1550. I can't get it to work at all, I got it to work a long time ago and I can't remember the process.
It’s a well known and oft repeated here fact that drag-and-drop AND cut-and-paste does not work in the Professional (Waris) Series CPS. Sorry, but you’re stuck with typing it all in every time you build a new codeplug.

Status
Not open for further replies.